PDA

View Full Version : Update from last week!

Sandy H
05-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Saw the surgeon this week, will have port moved over to the side away from skin mets on Monday. Saw the oncologist today. Fluid from right lung did contain cancer cells but he said not a lot. He checked my lungs and did hear fluid back in the right lining so went for chest x-ray. My caugh is back so probably will have to have fluid drained before surgery on Monday. As soon as port is moved I will go to oncology and have Doxil treatment on Monday so another busy day. We did decide to continue with Doxil as we think we are seeing some small changes in the mets. Wishing every one a great weekend. hugs, Sandy

Mary Anne in TX
05-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Hugs back to you, Sandy! Hope that your Monday is as uneventful as possible. I'll be thinking of you. ma

lindaw
05-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Dear Sandy

All the best for monday. Keep us updated and look after yourself.
May the doxil do its stuff.

love
linda

vickie h
05-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Dearest Sandy, My love and prayers are with you everyday. I, too am dealing with skin mets from the IBC, now on xeloda and starting tykerb on Monday. Your gentle soul has touched my life, abd I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of warm hugs. Love, Vickie

Mary Jo
05-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Thank you Sandy for taking the time to update us. I pray Monday goes well for you.

I care. Hugs to you.

Mary Jo

hutchibk
05-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Hugs back to you Sandy - we will be with you on Monday!

lu ann
05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Sandy,

Sounds like were in similar situations. I'm also having surgery to remove pleural effusion. The doxil I was on seemed to be working well with my mets, but doctor took me off incase I need radiation to clear up a possible node pinching some nerves and causing neuropathy. I explain more in the posts below.

I'll be praying for you. Lu Ann

Lolly
05-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Sandy, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, hope all goes well Monday. You rest up this weekend, you hear?!

<3 Lolly

Barbara2
05-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Praying for your healing, Sandy, and that everything goes well on Monday. During stressful times at the hospital or exams, I focus on home; at the end of the day that is where I want to be and will be. There's no place like home!

Bev
05-04-2007, 09:16 PM
More thoughts and prayers Sandy. I read a study today that said a combo of H, Tykerb and Iressa resulted in a cure for the mice Cure underlined, explanation point. Hang in there. BB

Caroline UK
05-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Hugs and a great weekend back to you too, Sandy. I'll keep you in my thoughts on Monday and beyond.

MJo
05-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Nuke those suckers, Sandy. Be well.

Andi
05-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Here's hoping for all the best on Monday. You are in my prayers.

sherri
05-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Hi Sandy,

We are with you and wish you the best. Take a good care of yourself.

big hug,

Kim in CA
05-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Dear Sandy,

I'm hoping all goes well for you on Monday. Those darn ports, love em and hate em! Take care of yourself and I'll be praying the Doxil works for you.

Love Kim

IRENE FROM TAMPA
05-05-2007, 04:18 PM
and take care. Stay strong and positive.

Rendi69CA
05-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Hang in there Sandy. I wish you well. ((((HUGS))))

Rendi

RobinP
05-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Keep your chin up Sandy-praying for you.

chrisy
05-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Sandy,

You sure like to pack it in! I can't believe you are having all that happen in one day, but I guess it makes more sense than messin' up 3 days - and you do want to give that second dose of Doxil a chance to get started right away!

I hope Monday goes smoothly with less hassle and more hugs than you expect.
Love
Chris

tousled1
05-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Hoping everything goes well on Monday for you. Hang in there Sandy.

Jean
05-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Sandy,

Will keep you in prayers and wishing Monday goes smoothly for you.

Fondly,
Jean

Joy
05-07-2007, 09:17 AM
I really appreciate the update. You have been on my mind so much. I hope your emotions are good and that the doxil proves to be a great course of action. Let us know what you need and how you are doing. Much love to you.

Catherine
05-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Sandy, You are our hero. Hoping and praying things are going well. Hope you will post your update.

All the best, Catherine

ellen
05-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Sandy, Have been reading your posts and am compelled to write because we have so very much in common. I also have ibc and was diagnosed with a pleural effusion August 2006, my first experience with stage 4. I had 2 liters of fluid drained from my right lung and my onc strontly recommended pleurdesis with talc. I had it done in September and went on zeloda and herception for seven months when my tumor markers started to increase. Sent for a pet/ct which showed tumor growth in pleural cavity. Changed to doxil every 3 weeks with herception but I am coughing and my tm was 51 after first doxil treatment. Onc tells me doxil is slow moving and it will take time to do its thing. I feel ok most of the time with some fatique and a light rash on trunk of body. Hair is good.

I hope this information helps a little and I wish you all the best. I have learned a lot from this site and appreciatge everything that is written. My onc told me pleurdesis will not cure the cancer, only the fluid buildup. Ellen

Shell
05-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Sandy-

I am glad you are having success with the doxil - that never did anything for me. I too have the cough - I am constantly using the Halls cough drops, but it is so irritating...

We're thinking of you, and keep us posted.

Kind regards,

tricia keegan
05-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Sandy hope all goes well for you and the Doxil brings on a big improvement. Keep us posted!