PDA

View Full Version : Good news with my Tykerb

Sherryg683
04-25-2007, 10:37 PM
It only took a week for the tykerb pharmacy to call me and tell me that my insurance had approved my tykerb prescription and that I would be getting a 3 month supply for 40.00. I couldn't believe it, I expected I would get stuck with some huge co pay, especially since my oncologist prescribed it for me off label to be taken with the Herceptin I have been on now for over a year. My insurance company has been awesome through this whole cancer thing, never questioning any of the many scans i get or anything. My husband works for Tyco and they are self insured through Blue Cross. I guess that's a benefit for working for a huge company. I was worried they would bark at this request since I am taking it as a preventative but I guess they don't know why I'm taking it anyway. They said they would be mailing it Friday...sherryg683

bailey
04-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Sherry - that is great news about your meds. I am with United and hopefully they will pay for it all. I'll be doing the tykerb and xeloda combo - I was doing herceptin but had last one yesterday. We'll see.

Thanks
Bailey

hutchibk
04-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Definitely good news. I am self-insured with BCBS. I signed the papers this week, and was told it would be mailed to me, within 2 weeks.

I will start Xeloda tomorrow before the Tykerb arrives...

julierene
04-30-2007, 01:18 PM
He is giving Tykerb/Herceptin??

I just started Tykerb/Xeloda Saturday.

bailey
04-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Julierene - I'm sorry to hear of your reoccurrence of the Liver but thankfully there is Tykerb and Xeloda. I will be starting within the next couple of weeks - the pharm. co. just called today to confirm address etc.
How are you feeling so far - any major side effects?
You are in my prayers.