PDA

View Full Version : No tykerb in stock?

Sherryg683
04-18-2007, 09:15 PM
OK, my oncologist wrote me a prescription for Tykerb and I dropped it off yesterday at the pharmacy. After reading what you all have written, I figured I wouldn't be able to get it without having a letter written to GSK from my doctor and my insurance giving me trouble and all. Well, I called back today to check the status on it and was told that my insurance had approved the use of it and it would cost me $20.00, that they were still waiting to get it in. I was thrilled! Then about 30 minutes later, the pharmacist called and said that they were not able to get it from their supplier because GSK said there was none on hand, the demand was greater than the supply. The pharmacist was calling around to see if he could find anyone who had any in stock that he could get sent to him. What the heck is this about?? What should I do to get it? I don't think my doctor contacting them would make a difference would it? Should I just tell my pharmacist to put me on backorder for it. What have you all been told about the availablity of getting Tykerb because GSK doesn't have enough produced. Just confused and don't understand..sherryg683

Joe
04-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Sherry,

I've sent you an email with some helpful info.

Regards
Joe