PDA

View Full Version : Race for the Cure

juanita
04-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Today was the Indy Race for the Cure. We had a very nice day for it, though it was pretty chilly this morning. Had over 40,000 walkers and runners this year and they think they reached their goal of 2 million dollars. Last year it was hard for me to make my whole team, but this year we had plenty and have even more who want to go next year. It is so cool to see the women who have survived for 50 years or more. Gives me hope.

KRISS
04-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Hi

It was a fabulous day. I had 16 walking with me and I have never felt stonger or more proud. I did have to ride in the wheelchair for 1/2 of the walk as I had my last chemo on Monday. Darn taxol really plays with my bones! But it was so nice walking in the pink parade with the other survivors. And what was so special for me was how wonderful the zoo was. (i'm a keeper there) It made me feel so loved and still part of the team when I saw they had brought the llamas out with pink ribbons and Put a big ribbon on Sophie the Elephant. It is so nice to have an employer that cares. I hope all of you have a chance to participate somehow throughout the year. It is a very uplifting experience. Sorry I missed you again, juanita. Maybe sometime.