PDA

View Full Version : Late Herceptin

myraazzopardi
04-09-2007, 07:50 AM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1>Hello again. Can anyone help. I should soon be starting herceptin appointment on the 12.04.07 for tests i presume and hopefully herceptin soon afterwards. I had a lumpectomy on 10.08.06. finished chemo end October 06.and Rads end of December 06. Does anyone know if I am a bit late starting with herceptin. I also still have discomfort in the breast and had some dishcharge the other day which worried me. I also have not have had a scan or blood test since Rads finished just a breast and node checks. I am being positive though and getting through the nights a lot better thanks to the kind help from you all. <!-- / message -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/statusicon/user_online.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Becky
04-09-2007, 08:40 AM
This is very much the way I took Herceptin. I started 4.5 months after my last chemotherapy and about 2 months after completion of radiation. Standard of care says that Herceptin should be started within 12 months or sooner from the last chemotherapy and you are in that window.

Ideally, it should be done right after athracyclines (if you only receive Adriamycin or Epirubicin) or with the taxol (if you receive this also). But your protocol is fine too.

Get the nipple discharge checked out asap. May be a radiation "left over" but get it checked out.

Jean
04-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I had late chemo/ and / herceptin.
was dx. in 4/05....herceptin was at that time with a small tumor out of the question and for that matter chemo.

But, I continued to fight and get second and third opinions.
I began TCH 5/06....and will complete my year of herceptin shortly.
Good luck.... as Becky has stated above, there are many that
have had treatment a bit later and do check any discharge.
Best of luck to you.

God Bless
Jean

Jean
04-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Another Sister has an appt. with Dr. Pegram this week. She has been
collecting questions to take out with her for her consult.

I posted her regarding this question on late herceptin with or without chemo.
Hopefully by weeks end we will have a response.

Best Wishes,
Jean