PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin ammo worked - thanks a million!

ExpectAMiracle
04-05-2007, 08:11 AM
I posted last week that my insurance company had denied approval for Herceptin and that my onc. wasn't sounding like she would fight it. Many of you wonderful ladies sent me all sorts of great articles and I printed and took all of them to my onc. on Friday. Well, I got a call today from my insurance, Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and they have approved Herceptin for a year!

Today is my birthday (49) and so it was a great gift to get today. Funny what we consider "good news" while on this journey, right? But I am blessed to be able to get it.

Thanks SO much to everyone who sent me info, replied with support or just thought of and prayed for me. You are the best!

A blessed Easter to all!

{{Hugs}}

Melinda
04-05-2007, 08:39 AM
I was so happy to hear your news I cried. NEVER underestimate the power of a woman, and when you get a collective effort......... who knows what we can accomplish. This is not to diminish any efforts put forth by the gentlemen on this board........... but you go girl!http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/wink.gif
Melinda

Hopeful
04-05-2007, 11:58 AM
ExpectAMiracle,

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

Best of luck to you with your treatments.

Hopeful

Mary Anne in TX
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Congratulations on your victory with herceptin and Happy Birthday!
Yes, it is strange the things that make our day after being diagnosed, isn't it!!!
Life changes as it becomes more precious! mary anne

janet11
04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Haaappppyyyy Biiiiii(an octave higher than human speech)rthdayyyyyyyyyyy!!!! (*grin*).

Janet

Jean
04-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Susan,

Thank you for the great news! I just love hearing success....
Now on ward and forward you go.....What a great way to
celebrate your birthday ...getting positive news.

Wishing you a very Happy Blessed Birthday...
and mannnnnnny more!

Hugs,
jean

Bev
04-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Happy Bday and many more! I for one have a good feeling about this. Happy Easter. BB

Soccermom
04-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Many many congratulations on your VICTORY! How SWEET it is...Now go hammer those nasties w Herceptin!

Marcia

momdeeco
04-06-2007, 04:59 AM
You go GIRL!! HAPPY, HAPPY, BIRTHDAY!!
GOD BLESS,

newgg
04-06-2007, 05:31 AM
Hi,
Greeting from another Va. BC/BS gal that had to fight for herceptin. Way to go !! After gathering info and fight from this board....just who do they think they are messing with!!
Warriors !! Hugs, Bonnie
PS.