PDA

View Full Version : decadron question

Angela
04-02-2007, 10:34 AM
They are bringing me down off the decadron. I am down to 1/2 pill every other day. But I am still having what feels like swelling in my neck and the back of my arms and my stomach feels like I am 10 months pregnant. I ate a turkey sandwich and a few potatoe chips for breakfast/lunch today and within 15 minutes my stomach just blew up. If I stuck a needle in my stomach I think I would fly around the room like a deflating ballon. It makes it really hard because the decadron makes me want to eat. Does anyone else have these problems and if you do is there anything that you do to make them feel better? I just want to feel good.

MichelleMoon
04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi Angela,

Just 2 weeks ago, I weaned myself off the decadron...alleluhia! Only very bland foods tasted good to me and, yes, my stomach was extended. As long as you're not having symptoms (i.e. headaches, nausea), I would race off the decadron as quickly as you can. Even after 2 weeks, my sense of taste is messed up, but the abdominal pains are gone.

Best of luck! Hang in there!

Barbara H.
04-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi Angela,
Your weight will come down, but it takes time. Try to eat fruits and salads, and get out and walk if you can.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

vickie h
04-02-2007, 08:56 PM
I ate no meat while on Decadron and it made a huge difference, also no eggs or animal products, just more fruit and vegies and alot of water. Hope that makes a difference for you. Also bread seemed to really bloat me ! Love, Vickie

rhondat123
04-05-2007, 09:52 PM
hey i am now 5 weeks out of steriods and i now discovered i have thyroid problem being slow and liver enzymes out of sight i still get herceptin but the bloating i have is unbelevable my belly is so tight like it might bust chemo and steroids did a number on me omg i hope thyroid meds will help but i can eat and i cant button pants its awful i feel your pain

Tricia
04-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I only take decadron the day before chemo, the day of and the day after. My Dr. says thats all thats needed. But I have noticed I have a lot more bloating and heartburn than I have ever had. I thought it was the herceptin or other chemo doing that to me.....hmmmm maybe its the decadron.