PDA

View Full Version : a place to go for recon pics???

Tricia
03-20-2007, 02:29 AM
Hey Ladies and Gent :)

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good site that will provide pics of the different kinds of reconstruction??? I am lokking at Radical Mastectomy in Late April and so confused on what is what and what my best options would be.... I can have that mastectomy surgery done here in Bakersfield, Ca but because I am Kaiser (insurance) they will only do the reconstruction in the Los Angeles area... and I am trying to decide if I want both surgeries at the same time or not.....agghhhh so much to decide on. Please let me know if you have any more information on reconstruction. Thanks to all and God Bless.

KellyA
03-20-2007, 03:43 AM
Hi Tricia,

When I was investigating my recon, I just googled "picutres of breast reconstruction" and tons of different plastic surgeon sites (private practices) came up all of which showed many before and after pics. I just got my new nipples :-) last Tues. and am just AMAZED at what they can do. Unbeleivable. They didn't look this good when I was twelve. Anyways, it's very exciting. Good luck in your searches.

Love, Kelly

Sheila
03-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Tricia

Which Kaiser Hospital would you be closest to? I ask because my brother works for Kaiser as a cardiac interventologist near L.A......I am sure he would tell me who is the best for reconstruction.

Malena
03-20-2007, 10:44 AM
I had my reconstuction 2 months ago! I'm satisfied and very proud of my new breast. I had also the nipple reconstructed and all my friend say "I don't believe, it is a REAL NIPPLE"!
I had the tissutal expander for one year (since the mastectomy) and the surgeon used a silicon implant (in Italy they use this kind).
I have only one lament: it would be better to have a profilactic mastectomy of the other breast, but it is not so used in Italy. I asked for it last year but my surgeon said to me it was no necessary.
Before the surgery I was looking to a lot of pictures of recostruction just doing a search for images with google!