PDA

View Full Version : Still need prayers - thanks, Angels!

StephN
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Our Viking Dad is not doing well and went back to surgery today to draw off fluid in his chest and explore to see what may have gone wrong. They did not come up with a difinitive answer.

We left him just a while ago sedated and still on the breathing machine. We will see what happens when they let him wake up tomorrow morning. I am trying to stay optimistic yet prepare for the worst.

He had CPR two times last night and my sister and I spent the night in his room.
I am so sad that something unexpected has come up in his case. His care team has been nothing but wonderful and you all know how much experience I have with such things!

Pray hard, please.

Chelee
03-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Steph, I am so sorry about your Dad. Hopefully they will figure this out and he will have a complete turn around...that's my wishes and prayers for your Dad. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you and the family right now. Its great to hear he has a good team of doctors & nurses caring for him.

I am sending warn healing thoughts and prayers his way! Hang in there and let us know how he is doing.

Chelee

Becky
03-20-2007, 03:43 AM
Dear Steph

I am praying for your Dad, you and your family. It is so difficult to see a parent in distress because all you think about is how they have cared for you when your were a child and the fact that you are still their child. Especially your Dad who is the protector. My thoughts are with you as I know this is a hard time as I lost my father many, many years ago.

Sending a big hug from NJ to you

Vanessa
03-20-2007, 08:25 AM
I am keeping you, your dad and your family in my prayers.

suzan w
03-20-2007, 08:31 AM
So sorry to hear of this latest turn of events. Sending positive energy and prayers across Puget Sound from Poulsbo!

Vi Schorpp
03-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Dear Steph:

I've always admired you and know that you get a lot of your strenth from your mom and dad. I will pray for the best for all of you. Hoping for the best, I would still talk to you dad as if he's up and around, things like "Ive always admired _____ about you, I know I got many of my good qualities from you, etc. When my grandson is on my last nerve I say things along these lines and it helps soothe him, and me...

Lolly
03-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Dear Steph;

I am sending prayers, and hoping you see improvement this morning. It's a very hard thing when our parents have these big surgeries.
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

<3 Lolly

Sheila
03-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Steph

Sending lots of prayers and wishes for a big improvement for your Dad....he is going through enough, as are you and your Mom without added complications....I hope today is brighter and his setback is behind him with continued improvement.
Sending you a big hug at this time

Margerie
03-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Steph, thinking of you and your dad today. Hope he improves and can squeak out a smile for you. Always the loving daughter you are.

Margerie

Joy
03-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Steph, you can count on prayers from Colorado. As soon as I'm done on the computer I will sit and 'hold' your family in prayer-hard!

sassy
03-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Steph,

Keeping you, your Dad and the entire familly in my thoughts and prayers.
________
Medical marijuana card (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

Sandy H
03-20-2007, 11:11 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take one day at a time. You need to take good care of yourself and I know you will take good care of your Mom. Some times we take better care of others and neglect ourselves. Will pray tomorrow will be a brighter day. Sending you a big hug from cold, windy Maine. Sandy

RhondaH
03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
already sent up my prayers. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Yorkiegirl
03-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Many PRAYERS going out for your father.

Cathy1
03-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi Steph-

Five years ago, my husband was feeling ill. He walked into the hospital and was able to joke with the nurses.They gave him a diuretic and they were unsure how much to give him. One nurse said, "He's a big guy, let's give him more." I went home for the night and got an emergency call to come back, because my husband was in bad shape. We all went to the hospital and prayed hard because they had to do the whole paddle thing and they thought they were losing him. The doctor came out to talk to me and the kids and we all expected the worst. They kept him in a coma-like state for a week, because, he is high strung and they thought that he would have another heart attack. Finally, I told them that I wanted them to bring him out of that state. Well, they did and he was fine! I think they gave him too much of that diuretic and that's what brought on all the trouble.
They put a pacemaker in and he is doing great!
I will keep praying for him and your whole family! God Bless, Cathy

Barbara H.
03-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi Steph,
I was shocked to come home and read this news. My thoughts are with you and I hope that your father pulls through this. Sorry that you are going through this difficult time with your Dad.
Thinking of you and your family,
Barbara

Andi
03-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Here's hoping and praying that your dad will have a positive turn around today. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

tricia keegan
03-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Steph sorry to hear this but know you are all in my

thoughts and prayers.

Soccermom
03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Prayers and good thoughts from as well, Steph.

Marcia

chrisy
03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Steph, '

I hope today was better for your dad and your family. Much love and prayers

eric
03-21-2007, 05:50 AM
Steph,

A 2nd prayer coming from NJ coming your way for both your dad and you!

Hugs,
Eric

StephN
03-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Better news this morning. Dad woke up VERY slowly yesterday from all the sedation. He did not fight the breathing tube like we were so afraid he would. They got it out as soon as he would follow a command even though he was still very sleepy.

Today he is tracking and thinking better and they will try to get him up seated a little. This is the BIG test. He goes into cardiac arrest when he moves in an upright position, but is on a different med now that he has the pacemaker.

The docs are still baffled. Otherwise all his systems and functions are good and the docs say he is a very viable patient.

So this is back to square one for the third time in as many weeks. My sister arrived from Florida yesterday, so there is another family member at hand.

chrisy
03-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, Steph, that is cautiously good news. I hope that is the first step AWAY from the edge of the cliff for your dad and your family.

continued prayers...

AlaskaAngel
03-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Hello Steph,

I see that a lot has been happening for you and your family. Your Dad has had really tough going and is remarkably resilient. I hope that he will continue to recover, and that you will be able to get some needed rest. I am also thankful that during this time you are not in the midst of treatment. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

As always,

AlaskaAngel

Jean
03-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Dear Steph,
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. How special our parents are.
It is so difficult when our parents are ill and fighting so hard.
Been through this myself....please take care of yourself also.
Pleae know you are in my prayers and I am hoping your Dad takes
a positive turn for the better.

Keep us posted.
Hugs,
jean

Bob B
03-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Prayers to your Dad and all who connect here.