PDA

View Full Version : Back on Xeloda Again.........

Sheila
03-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Seems like my nodes just wont behave when I go off the Xeloda....went to Chicago today to get my Herceptin and I had the Dr. paged to check my neck...needless to say, my drug holiday is over....this will be my 3rd round of Xeloda...off and on since I started it last March....if the nodes don't respond this time, its Abraxane or navelbine.....Lolly, could you have your nodes tell my nodes to get with the program???? The are stubborn, I know yours are too...I am just happy Xeloda seems so easy for my....bring out the flip flops....and so glad its getting warmer....it seems like the hand foot neuropathy is the only side effect I get from it.
On the brighter side, my daughter is being induced today....I can't wait...I'll be a grandma again today or tomorrow.....unless the ultrasounds were wrong....its a little girl on the way and her name I think will be Maura...or Moira...whichever the Irish Speeling is...Hey Trisha can you help me out on this one??? Neddless to say I covered all bases and bought a little outfit covered in Shamrocks....this baby is from Murray, McCormick, Condon heritage.....I am betting on red hair!!!!

caya
03-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Sheila,

Nodes, nodes, go away - praying that the Xeloda will work again for you...
congrats on the new grand baby - hope all goes well with your daughter's delivery and welcome little Maura to the world -

all the best to you from
caya

Mary Anne in TX
03-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Maybe that red hair will have some say with those pesky nodes! Seems those strong willed red heads get what they want! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_66.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824LBUS) Congrats on that new little one. Sure wish the nodes would get in line and behave for you! ma

Jean
03-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Sheila,
wishing you well with the new baby....how exciting!
I also have a questoin in regards to your neuopathy....since you go on and off the med...does your neuropathy go and come also? Do you take any vit.
B6 (I hear that is supposed to help) I have been taking B6 for my neuropathy
from Taxotere....it is getting better but it sure takes time.

Sheila, wishing you great success with those pesty nodes....they just
have to go away and stay away...

Hugs,
jean

tricia keegan
03-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Thats wonderful news about the baby and I hope it takes some of the disapointment away about having to go back on xeloda!
You sound like you're in good spirits anyway and if it's doing the job to keep you here and healthy to spoil this little girl then it's worth it!
My Mother in law is called maura and spells it that way but (after a heated discussion here on it) I'm told the true Irish spelling is Mai're with a fada over the I which is difficult on a computer!
I really wish you well on the xeloda again and make sure to let us know when the little red head makes her grand entrance:)
Shame she could'nt have made it for St paddys day !
Best wishes
Tricia

Sheila
03-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Tricia

My daughter was supposed to be induced Friday...so she probably would've been born on St Patty's Day...which would have been very cool, but my daughter had a bad cold, too bad to try labor at the same time...plus she is a Vback...which means attempting a vaginal delivery after a c-section....a little bit tricky and more complicated....she successfully did it once, hope the same this time.....I will keep you informed.

Lolly
03-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Sheila, I'm afraid my nodes are being bad so they wouldn't be a good influence on your's right now, lol! It's great you can try Xeloda again, I really liked Xeloda and found it the easiest of all. I called it "Chemo-lite":)

And another grandbaby, whoohoo! Keep us posted, we want pictures!!!

<3 Lolly

Sheila
03-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Jean

When I go off the Xeloda, after about a month, the hand foot neuropathy subsides....when its bad, I feel like I am walking on hot coals...thus the flip flops! All in all, like Lolly said, it is easy to take.....and a small price to pay if it works! Besides, I like flip flops!!!!

Lolly
There is just something about the nodes...just when you feel you have the upper hand, they rear their ugly lumps and you start all over again....but at least the Herceptin is keeping it confined for now to the nodes, and for that, I am greatful! Maybe we need to have a node bashing get together!!!

Mary Jo
03-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Hi Sheila - Glad you like flip flops and I'm hoping the Xoleda works for you as it has in the past.

Congratulations on your little granddaughter. A blessing so wonderful.

Mary Jo

chrisy
03-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Well, Sheila - time to slap those suckers down again! At least, as you say, it is close to flip-flop weather now! Bet you can't wait to see that new grandbaby - please post some pics!

Vanessa
03-20-2007, 08:24 AM
I am hoping that the Xeloda works for you again and sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Congratulations on the new granddaughter. I hope the birth goes well. I am waiting on pictures, too.

Joy
03-20-2007, 09:40 AM
As we say in our house, "those nodes don't seem to have their listening ears on, do they?" Those dumb, old, nervy things. I hope xeloda kicks them again and if not then Navelbine as it is also quite tolerable for many.

So here is to a NEW BABY (smell her for me a lot okay-I just love new baby smell) and no nodes and a happy spring-what a glorious time to be born!

I'll be thinking node thoughts for you.

tousled1
03-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Sheila,

Sorry to hear that your nodes are acting up yet again. Xeloda seemed to work for you in the past so I'm praying that this time it will do the trick on them permanently.

chrisy
03-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Sheila, the title of your post just caught my eye in a silly mood....maybe you would feel better about it if you rustled up a chocolate martini and sang it to the tune of "back in the saddle..."

Saddle up, girl! I knew we should have gotten those pink cowboy hats in San Antonio!

Have fun in Rolling Meadows this weekend. I grew up in Arlington Heights, the next town over so you're gonna be in what used to be my old stompin' grounds!

Take care my friend

Ceesun
03-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Congrats on the upcoming delivery. I am on both xeloda and navelbine-hope those nodes settle down! May God Bless Ceesun

holly422
03-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Sheila, I am sorry that you are on the Xeloda again. I wish you and your family the very best. Take care and get those flip flops ready.