PDA

View Full Version : y-me walk

rinaina
03-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Just wondering if anyone was doing the Y-me walk in Chicago on Mother's Day?

DonnaD
03-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi Rinaina,
I am planning to do the Y-Me walk in May. My girlfriend is a 17 year survivor and does it every year. I will just be finished with rads of have a few days to go. So at this point I would like to do it but am just not sure. Would like to join us?

Are you planning to do the IL Day of Sharing March 25? My husband and I are attending and helping Sheila with the booth.

It would be nice to meet you since we live close to each other. I am always up for lunch, and it would be great to get together with someone who really understands this journey we are on.

I also saw your post about Roz Varon. I have only seen her once but she is getting treatment where I am. I did not know she was Her2/Nu+. What a great outcome for her.

Donna

rinaina
03-15-2007, 08:49 PM
So you are getting treatment at Rush then? I am doing the walk for the second year in a row. Last year we did the Y-me walk last minute as my surgery was a few weeks before the walk so I didn't know how I would feel, but my family and I did it. This year some of our friends are joining us and a few more family members as well. Unfortunately I won't be doing the Share thing because I will be out of town for a much needed rest in Phoenix, but would love to meet up another time. Maybe Sheila from Naperville would join us. Any others from Chicago area up for a gathering?

MichelleMoon
03-16-2007, 03:11 PM
I would really enjoy meeting others in the area (I'm in Naperville), but that's a big gardening weekend for me and I'm sure my kids will want me home to celebrate Mother's Day. Maybe we can hook up for the Susan B. Komen race in the fall?

(note my brain MRI is CLEAR after WBR...YIPEE!)

rinaina
03-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Congrats Michelle on a clear brain mri. That is terrific news! There are a few of us in the Chicago area...perhaps we could all meet at a midway point to all for coffee or lunch sometime.

Sheila
03-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Rinaiana

Is Roz getting her Herceptin at Rush in Chicago, or in Aurora/Naperville?
I may try to do the YME walk...I will let you know!

rinaina
03-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I am not sure where Roz is getting her herceptin.