PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in A.A or just a teetotaler...

MGordon
03-12-2007, 10:30 PM
... my recent post regarding a toast to you was in no way meant to be disrespectful. You each fight an enormous battle each day, and I in no way meant to impact that fight.

I do not have a history of alcohol issues and therefore may have not been sensitive to the "other" battle you fight. God Bless you and add strength to you daily, hourly, minutely... Please accept the message intended - you guys ROCK! and not necessarily the method by which I chose to deliver my message.

Love and Light
Mel

Marlys
03-13-2007, 02:56 AM
Mel, Please do not think that I was offended or upset by your toast. I thought it was wonderful. Please realize that we A.A.s have a weird sense of humor(or so we are told) and those in the program that I shared it with in fact thought it was delightful. I do not consider my alcoholism to be a battle. I have a God who fights that for me just like he does this disease and He does a great job at both.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

MJo
03-13-2007, 05:42 AM
I am pretty much a teetotaler. I am not in AA, but in the past I attended Al Anon and ACOA. I find I have poor tolerance for booze and get hung over easily from small amounts. As we know, social drinking is prevalent. If I am out socially and encounter people who urge me to drink, I use my survivor status as an excuse for not drinking. I will probably have a beer at an Irish bar on St. Patrick's day (even though I am Italian), but just one.

suzan w
03-13-2007, 08:00 AM
I am also a "friend of bill's"...in AA...and was not in the least offended!!! In fact I "toast" to my good fortune often...just not with alcohol!!!