PDA

View Full Version : jeff loves roben

cheekiepie
03-03-2007, 11:38 PM
hey ya'll i have been on the board once or twice for the last 5 years ,but i read it often . So thanks for all the insight .Roben my wife and mother of 2 has been battling for 5 yrs. now. Breast C 2002 mastectomy chemo rads then tomoxifin re occurrance nine moths later to hip and back . oomphorectomy then femar herceptin. spead again .navelbine hercp. spread in 3 mths. toxil hercep. 1 1/2 years spread to brain last feb. stereotactic radio sug. w/ whole brain rad. gemcitabine and carboplatin for about a month blood and platlet droped out ofsight.clinical trial for about 1 1/2 month of lapatinib. Platlet count drop took us from that. did fasladex for 3mths know multipal tomors inthe liver. hmg is around 91/2 platlets around 70,000 didnt qailify for clinical trial .will start abrexane and avstin this week . I value this boards opinions and would like to here any suggestions especially yours joe.thank you all and be strong you women are my heroes. i am not very good onthe keyboard sorry

CLTann
03-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Jeff, your wife sounds like having a very difficult problem. From your complex writing, I gathered that she must had nodes involvement; otherwise, she would not have radiation after mastectomy. I also assumed that she is HER2 positive since the aggressive nature of the cancer. She already had gone through many combinations of treatment but the cancer kept going on and on to new areas. Your onc is doing his or her utmost and have faith in the treatment. We are praying for you and her.

Lolly
03-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Jeff, I think you and Roben can take encouragement from your onc's agressive approach to this disease. It is frightening to have to move from one regimen to another, but I know some of the others here who've fought off major mets have had to experiment with different combo's, so hang in there and stay strong.
Avastin and Abraxane are a potent combo, and I've included a link to a report from 2006 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium which summarizes the latest info on treating metastatic bc.
Also, if you haven't read Lani's post regarding continuing Herceptin in the face of disease progression, it may provide some food for thought. Best wishes to you and Roben. <3 Lolly

Developments in the Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer: A Report from the 29th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
http://professional.cancerconsultants.com/conferencecoverage.aspx?id=39013

vickie h
03-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Jeff, Wea re all praying for Roben, and thankfully her Onc sounds like he/she is doing everything and not giving up. There are so many treatment options, but Navelbine was sure a great one for me. Best wishes, Vickie

Bev
03-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi Jeff.

If this thread doesn't yield useful advice, click on the members list to send email to Joe/Christine, Steph N, Al from Canada, Lani, Becky, Lolly etc.

I'm hoping to never have the experience to answer these questions. Best wishes. Bev

Lolly
03-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Jeff, here's the link to the article Lani posted regarding continuing Herceptin after disease progression. It may be something to discuss with Roben's doctors ie adding Herceptin back in with the Avastin/Abraxane combo.

"for those whose doctors, governments or insurance companies want to stop Herceptin"
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27245