PDA

View Full Version : Her2vaccine also hot flashes?

4evergrateful
03-02-2007, 05:17 PM
HI I read an article in a magazine Women and cancer that speaks of a vaccine for HER-2 cancer I am going to ask my oncologist about it on my next visit March 13th. This will be my first cancer marker test after chemo the 1st 3 month check up. I also am suffering with hot flashes and really can't stand them it makes me irritable my face gets very red I sweat alot mostly from my head I started to take remifemin and that may be helping some the night sweats are the worse I can't sleep it wakes me up my Dr. gave me sleeping pills but
I don't want to take them every night. Does anyone have an ideas to beat the hot flashes and night sweats? I had calicification that was cancer in one breast and calicification in the other breast sometimes I worry that it will come back in the other breast. I don't constantly think about this as a matter of fact I lost my hair and it is slowly now coming back sometimes I put on my coat then suddenly realize I have no hair on and run to get my wig so I am thankful that I don't constantly think of this yet it does scare me.

janet/FL
03-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi Elizabeth
Welcome to the group. I don't have answers to your hotflash question--I have them, too. I was hoping that it was the drugs for cancer that was causing the problem. At age 62, shouldn't we be done with them!
You mention that you are Her2 postive, is there a reason that you did not take Herceptin?
I think the vaccine is not avalible for your stage, but it doesn't hurt to ask your oncologist. Even if it is not available now, it lets him no you are interested in further treatment.
Wishing you the best.

rinaina
03-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi Elizabeth, as for the hot flashes, check with your doctor first about what I am about to recommend. I take about 15-20 A Sun Chlorella tabs a day, (very tiny pills), and it completely took away my hot flashes. This was under the advice of an MD doctor who also practices holistically. They are extremely safe, no hormones at all, completely made from algae and other plants. Within one week of taking this regularly, and I mean regularly everyday, my hot flashes vanished completely. I know taking 15-20 a day sounds like a lot, but they are very very tiny little pills that can be swallowed all at one time. This is not hooey fooey, it works.

humbleinlight
04-11-2007, 03:08 PM
HI I forgot my log in name and had to re register. Thanks for the information natural is the only way I can go for the hot flahses my Dr. rec. me to take remeifrin I can't take any products that have soy so I am going to check out the sun Chlorella and if it doesn't contain soy then I will definitely buy it like you said anything is worth it not to suffer with the hot flashes and night sweats I can't sleep at night when it comes on and it is most uncomfortable even in the day time so thanks for the heads up I am going to look into this. Did you know that soy produces estrogen and HER-2 cancer is not suppose to eat any soy products bec. the estrogen produces grows cancer cells so I have to check out and make sure there is no soy in anything I take. thanks for the headsup

Do you know about a telas conference with the HER2 support group I read a blog and it said there is a upcoming telaconference Please let me know thanks
Liz

humbleinlight
04-11-2007, 03:17 PM
HI Janet
well the hot flahses is from the medication I use to be on Arimidex and I couldn't stand it so my Dr. switched me to Femara I've been on Femara since Feb. and I still get hot flashes but the Remifren helps some however I do still get them but at least it is mroe bearable then when I was on arimidex and I am just at the beg. so I have 5 yrs to take this My Dr. didn't give me herceptin because I have a heart condition and it has a side affect to the heart so I coudln't take the risk I have 3 valves that regurgiate slightly but I also have an enlarged Atrium and short main artery on my whole left side throughout I had to get a port for my chemo when I had it thank God that is over with so now I am on the Femara and I take one day at a time. I began my own chapter of the Red Hat Society it is a good group of ladies and it helps me to take my mind off of things and have a good time I posted it on the Y-ME org. sight they asked what do you do to pamper yourself so I posted it and it was blogged made me feel good abou that to encouarge the other ladies well my friend I have to go thanks for posting, Liz