PDA

View Full Version : Please send those positive thoughts....

rinaina
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
...my way as I have my first mammogram tomorrow since being diagnosed almost a year ago I was suppose to have my appointment with my surgeon after and receive the results, however, they called to cancel the appointment with him two days ago so now I don't know if I will get the results the same day which really bums me out, especially since he is the one who requested me to set it up this way. I will ask if the radiologist can read it and give me at least a preliminary report on the spot but who knows if that will happen. If not, then I probably will have to go through the weekend without knowing anything and that is upsetting. I love my surgeon, however, this is not the first time they have cancelled an appointment I have had with him. He is an incredible doctor and surgeon clinically and also has a fabulous bedside manner which isn't usually the case with surgeons, but he is also very involved with high positions in major cancer organizations and the head of oncology at the hospital. He was very difficult to get in with at the time I was diagnosed but luckily I knew someone who could get me in....his top surgical nurse. (Pays to have connections, not what you know but who you know)! The only thing is, he is so busy and things like this happen as a result. Anyway, please send all your positive thoughts and prayers my way for a good and unremarkable mammogram. Thanking you in advance.

lexigirl
03-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Sending benign prayers your way!! The waiting is the pits!! I hope you receive your "unremarkable" news soon!

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

caya
03-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Hi rinaina,

sending good thoughts your way from snowy Toronto Canada - major snow and freezing rain/ice storm today - bet you had it in Chicago too.
All the best
Caya

rinaina
03-01-2007, 11:10 PM
had the freezing rain and snow but higher temps so lots of melting and flood watch in effect. Thanks Caya and Lexigirl for the good thoughts

Belinda
03-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Rinaina - good luck hon - it's a pain to have to wait a few days for your results (if the radiologist won't read them). Sending calm and reassuring thoughts your way - Belindax

rinaina
03-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Sure do appreciate your calm and reassuring thoughts Belinda. Thank you. Can anyone tell me if my breast will be more tender during this mammogram due to the surgery it had? (Lumpectomy).

MGordon
03-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Good luck and God Bless!

Love and Light
Mel

Chelee
03-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Back in Dec. I had my yearly mammo and they made me wait eight days till I got a letter in the mail. So I can relate to that waiting. That is such a shame your surgeon canceled the appt...but I just know your mammo is going to be fine. Sending positive thoughts & benign findings your way. Hang in there.

Chelee

Sheila
03-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Rinaiana

Good luck on the mammo...I hate the fact you have to wait....I never leave the hospital until it is read, although back in January I had to have 2 ultrasounds with it...better to be safe! You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a perfect outcome. Then enjoy one of those martinis!

Hopeful
03-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Rinaiana,

I am sending good thoughts your way, as I will be in your shoes in about 7 weeks. The way my timing works out, my 6 month post rx mammo was due one month prior to my annual screening. Both my surgeon and my radiation onc told me to have my regular screening one month early. Long story short, there is no way such a thing flies with my HMO - I either need to have two appointments (one dx, one screening) one month apart, or wait the extra month. I chose the latter. I know I will not get results the same day, because I am going on a Saturday morning when there are no docs around. However, I wanted the appointment on a non-work day (or evening) because I still have a lot of tenderness on the lumpectomy side and want to take one of my left-over Tylenol 3's (from my surgery) an hour before I go, as I don't know how I will get through the compression without it. You might want to check out some pre-mammo pain meds, if you can manage it.

Hopeful

Andi
03-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Rinaina - I am sending good thoughts your way. The waiting is difinitely tough, I have a hard time getting through the day when I take the test in the morning and see the doc in the afternoon (I'm not very patient with things like that). Regarding the mammo - I had my first one post surgery last year and was so worried about how it would hurt because I have been tender in that breast ever since my surgery. I explained my concerns to the technician and she was very gentle in running the test, even the tight "smashes" didn't feel too bad, hopefully the same will be true for you.

Becky
03-02-2007, 08:53 AM
My first mammo which was about 8 months post surgery and about 2 months post radiation was fine. It hurt alittle more because they wanted to really compress more that I ever had before and I told them to "go to it" as I wanted the best view possible. It was fine and so have all the others (every 6 months for the first 3 yrs according to my surgeon. June is my last every 6 monther and then I am back to a once per year schedule).

Someone suggested some Tylenol beforehand which could be a good suggestion.

I will be thinking of you but it will be fine and so will the results!

vickie h
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Rinaiana, Sending Positive, Calming, Loving Thoughts Your Way. Let's Hope That Mamo Comes Back Clean. My Best To You Today, Vickie

rinaina
03-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Great news everyone. My mammo results are in and all is fine. No findings thank goodness. I am so relieved. Next one in 1 year. Not sure why some of you have them more often then that. Thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers...they helped. So happy I found out so quickly. Will see the surgeon next Wednesday and see what he has to say. Yippppeeee. Here's to a good report and wishing the same for everyone else.

caya
03-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Thrilled for you Rinaina - now go buy yourself some fancy soothing bath salts and have a nice fragrant soak.

Best regards,
Caya

suzan w
03-02-2007, 11:51 AM
hooray for your great news!!!

SusanV
03-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Happy...happy and more happy for you !!

Jean
03-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Rinaina,
Love hearing your great news! Now you can relax and enjoy your weekend.

God Bless,
jean

Joy
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I hope you have celebrations planned! These kind of results are a BIG deal and I am so happy for you! Thanks for lifting up our day.

Hey, I don't know if I shared this before (can't remember jack these days), but I'm from St. Charles, IL west of Chicago. My sister was just there for a trade show and met Mike Ditka at his restaurant. She was kind of excited about that.

Anyway-celebrate!

tousled1
03-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Glad to hear that you got the results of your mammo right away. The worst thing is the waiting and not knowing.

kareneg
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Sending you good thoughts and prayers!

rinaina
03-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi Joy, I don't remember you mentioning that you are from St Charles, but that doesn't mean you didn't because I don't remember "jack *#%!" either anymore! I hope your sister didn't run into any of our horrible winter storms while she was here for the show. Cool that she got to meet Mike Ditka. Our Bears did alright this year but to bad about the Super Bowl. Just wasn't their year. Thanks for the congrats everyone and I hope the same for everyone else here.

Belinda
03-02-2007, 10:53 PM
YYaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanessa
03-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Great news!

KathyH
03-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi Friend!

Just a thought. My husband is a surgeon as well as my number one support in my battle. I know that your surgeon would not cancel an appointment if he has any worries about your condition. I know that if he had major concerns, you would be his very first priority. I know that some things just have to be a matter of prioritizing limited time. I would hope that he sees you as a patient who is sailing through this journey (medically speaking) and can enjoy the fact that he sees no major problems on your horizon. Don't mean to minimize the stress you are going through, just trying to offer a different perspective.

Love to you, Kathy H

lindaw
03-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry - late post - just wanted to express my relief at your clear scan.

love
linda

rinaina
03-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and prayers. I am so relieved right now and it feels darn good. I guess getting mammograms will always cause some anxiety from now on but I will deal with them at the time and not before. Kathy, thanks for that perspective about surgeon cancelling. I am sure he didn't just cancel me but the entire schedule that day. I am not sure he even knew who was on his schedule that day. Most doctors are too busy to keep track of their daily schedules so I really highly doubt he knew exactly who he was cancelling out. I am sure he just tells his staff when he has a schedule change and lets them handle the rescheduling. I don't take it personal as I know he is not only busy with his practice but also with his other committments.