PDA

View Full Version : painful breast.

katsc49
02-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi, everyone,
I am into my 6th week of HERceptin and Taxotere, for BC that spread to my lung.
Upon going back to work after a FMLA, I tied to wear a support bra, and this cause dmy breast to hurt. I just has a biospy on mine, but does this need exericise or will it always hurt because of the cancer? It is hard to wear bras, and when you are the work place and have dress codes, what do you do?
any help will be appreciated,
kathy

Vi Schorpp
02-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Hi, sorry for your pain. What I found helpful after my mastectomy was to wear a blazer over whatever -- and not where a bra. It was not a problem and I felt good and "covered up." However, I was not a DD or anything, so maybe I could just get away with it.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Andi
02-21-2007, 08:17 AM
My lumpectomy was on the underside of my breast. Ever since my surgery in 07/05, I have had a hard time finding bras that don't irritate my scar area. My best luck has been with sports bras or soft (non-underwire) bras and I usually buy them a size (not cup) bigger so that I can keep it fairly loose.

Sandy H
02-21-2007, 09:30 AM
I have friends who wear nice scarves around the neck, tucked inside a blazer or just tie in such a manner as to cover up the front. I have purchased cami's (cheap ones) that have a double layer of cloth and made a slit on each side and add some filler like you would use in making pillow. I am sure you can figure out something for looks and comfort. Keep experimenting until you find something that works for you. Good luck, hugs, Sandy

Sheila
02-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Kathy

The only relief I have had in 5 years is with the no wire IPEX from Victorias Secret....I had tried everything and figured I would just be in pain all the time...I had mastectomy and then reconstruction 1 1/2 years later....this has been a godsend to me.