PDA

View Full Version : I am so mad

Rendi69CA
01-29-2007, 08:35 PM
My sister moved in September 1, 2006 with her daughter. Every thing was fine until my daughter move back home in December. I receive a phone call from my other sister say the sister that is living with me got approval for her own place, she been packing her things and never gave me a 30 day notice. So I have to come up with an extra $925 for next month. So I told myself every thing is going to be okay. I called the electcity company to switch over name because the electcity is in her name and she was responsible for that bill.They want let me swicth over because my sister request for the service to be shut off today and the balance of $375.24 need to be paid before the name can be switch over. Thinking my sister is going to help me she leave me with $1300.24 over my head. I was going to let her walk away without a 30 day notice and February rent. But now I am going to be in the dark. I don't have that amount of money. I can't make it with my income. Now I have to take her to court. I am done with my family. I will never go to them for help again.

Bev
01-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Why not leave it in her name until they cut it off? If she doesn't call to turn it off I would think it would be her responsibility. Hope you can iron things out though. You need your family,
BB( Bad Bev)

MJo
01-30-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't have a sister, but I know these things happen. My friend co-signed for her sister to buy a car and her sister is constantly late making payment. The collection agency calls my friend, who is also in treatment for BC and doesn't need the stress. Like you my friend is mad and also sad that her sister would do this. Her sister is offended that my friend pesters her to make the payments. Go figure!!! I hope all works out for you. We need family, but we don't need to be taken advantage of. Now you know to be very careful about doing any favors for your sister. Hugs...MJO

Grace
01-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Sorry you're having this problem. There may be some regulations that preclude the electric company from leaving you in the dark, particularly if you use electric to do any of your heating in the winter--it is winter in California, isn't it?

I know in New York City the electric and gas company can't just cut a person off. Let the electric company know about your illness and they may be more circumspect (or kind) about hanging you up like this.

Good luck.

Lolly
01-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Rendi, some utilities have a program to let you catch up over several months time, they bill you for your current electricity use and add on some of the past due each month until you're caught up.
So sorry things are tough now. It's especially hard when a family member is so uncaring, it doesn't seem fair but you can make it through this. Cancer has made you a warrior!

<3 Lolly