PDA

View Full Version : herceptin treatment today then I am off

rinaina
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
That's right, a herceptin treatment today and then my family and I are off cruising the caribbean over the holidays and new year. I am so looking forward to not having any appointments or treatments over the next few weeks.
I want to wish everyone here a very happy and HEALTHY New Year and hope your holidays are terrific. May 2007 bring good health to us all. See you all back here in 2007!!!!

With Warm Regards,
Rina

Sherryg683
12-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Have yourself a ball. My hubby and I were trying to decide which to take, we almost had the cruise booked and then decided to take a week off and go rent a cabin in the mountains of gatlenburg. We are leaving in January. I live in the south and have always taken warm vacations, this time I just wanted to go somewhere where it would be cold (maybe snow) and just sit and look out the window..of course go to Dollywood and the other stuff. We are going to Newport, RI in March. We have decided to try and go somewhere every 3 months, when my scans come back clean..it's a good incentive for my body to keep those nasty cancer cells away...lol...sherryg683

rinaina
12-22-2006, 06:29 AM
Thanks Sherry, I plan on having a "ball" as you said! Glad you can get away as well and honestly, it doesn't matter where you go, as long as it isn't a doctor's office or a treatment center, right? Just getting away from all this cancer stuff for a while is medicine in itself. I think you have the right idea....getting away every 3 months or so if you can do it, or whenever you can. Our bodies and minds need it. Even a weekend away from the rat race is helpful. Take care and have a great holiday and healthy new year.