PDA

View Full Version : first taxol and herceptin

LAURIE
12-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Started first round of Taxol and Herpceptin yesterday. To my suprise I feel pretty good. I had such icky memories from the A/C. Tommorow may be another day but for now I feel okay. I enjoyed the super doe of Benedryl the first time, I was even dosing off during treatment. Thank goodness since it took 4 hours. Has anyone ever had numbness in our wrists. kness and feet with any type of chemo? I'm not talking about the numbness that Taxol will do to finger tips and toes, this is more like what the steroids do to arthritis. I know this is where I have the most arthritis (even at 36) and that first night I always have numbness in the wrist, knees and feet. I have to wait to do my henna tattoo on my head. Between my (last chemo Oct, 31) and my surgery Nov, 30 till now my hair is too long. I did do one on my wrist and it last about 3 weeks and look kind of nice. If you want a kit I saw them adverstized at world market for $10 in Sunday's ad.

"A candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long" Bladerunner

If we only burn half as long ladies, let make our life BRIGHT!!!!

"sometimes we can't make it on our own" U2

This is why we have each other

Laurie
Diagonsed 8/06 (found oun lump)at 35 years old
Her 2 +++, er-/pr-
4 A/C 9/06
Lumpectomy, node dissection- 11/30/06
Pathology report stage IIIC
1 tumor 3 cm
10 of 15 nodes +
Start 12 weeks Taxol and Herceptin 12/18/06

Andi
12-20-2006, 08:34 AM
I didn't have the numbness that you were talking about, but my experience with the Taxol and Herceptin treatments weren't too bad. I always had a big appetite right after my treatments. It was a nice change from the queezy feelings the A/C would give. Best of luck with the rest of your treatments.