PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Merry Christmas from Tricia K

TriciaK
12-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Dear fellow Amazon warriors: I haven't been on the site or posted for about a month, being busy getting settled here in our new home in St. George, Utah, as well as seeing new doctors and also being involved with holiday preparations. But I think of you all often and remember you in prayer. I even forgot to post on my 77th birthday, December 9! We attended a wonderful neighborhood/church Christmas party on that night, not only a lovely dinner and program, but a dance. And my husband and I actually danced two dances!!! It was great!
I have a new oncologist who is from the Phillipines--seems to be very knowledgeable , caring and POSITIVE. And a new cardiologist and primary care doctor, both also very thorough and caring. Everyone here is so kind and considerate! Not only that, I have started seeing a dentist again and getting much needed dental work caught up. There is no greater proof that I am planning on being around awhile than that fact---because I would almost rather die than go to a dentist! So far I am still NED after 2 PETS this past year and will have another PET next month.
I am so saddened to hear of the passing of our two dear friends, Hope and Lisa. They have fought long and hard and been such an inspiration to all of us. May they be at peace now after all they have gone through. My thoughts and prayers go out to their families.
I will try to check in more often . We are so happy here and really love it! I send my cheeriest greetings for a Merry Christmas and happy holiday to all, and add my prayers to yours that 2007 will be a good year for all of us and especially that we will all get closer to a cure for the BC beast. May God bless all the doctors and researchers, and all of the Amazon warriors who keep on fighting! Hugs, Tricia

chrisy
12-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Tricia,
Thanks for checking in - the holidays are always hectic enough even without moving, unpacking, settling in, finding new doctors. Oh, and going to the DENTIST! You are really getting bold, facing the fear of the dentist - what's next, speaking in public??? Delighted to hear you are doing so well and have found good support in your new home.

I share your wishes and prayers for a good 2007 for us all.

God Bless
Chris

sherri
12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Dear Tricia,

Reading your posts always put smile on my face. I'm so happy about your good results recently and hope you continue like this. Happy birthday to you, merry Xmas and happy new year, the best wishes for you and family!

Big hug,

Sandy H
12-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Its so good to hear from you. Have missed your posting but can understand how busy you have been. Hope to see more after the Holidays. hugs, Sandy

Barbara H.
12-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Happy Holidays to you, Tricia, and thank you for posting. I'm so happy to hear that everything is going so well for you. I am home recovering from brain surgery and writing report cards for my third graders. As a teacher, you don't get a break even when you are home. They are intensive reports with narritives, and it is important to take time for each one. The parents hang on to everything you say, and in your profession, I know that you understand what I am talking about. It's hard now because I coming off the Decadron and am high as a kite. All my son's friends are home from college, and teenagers are steaming through the house. There's no way I can get rest, but maybe that is what is keeping me alive. I know we are supposed to take time to rest and heal, but I feel that my mission of teaching my third graders and hopefully helping them to understand life at a deeper level is worth it. Again, it really gives me a purpose.
Thank you so so much for your constant wisdom and for all you share!!!! You are a true gift!!!!
Barbara H.

StephN
12-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Dear Tricia -
Here is a "happy house warming hug" from me to you. {{{HUG}}}
Could not have better news than your message. "All is calm, all is bright..."

I feel like we have been moving. Camping out in your house with no power for 3 days really brings one up short! People did not like to leave, as it is an open invitation to burglars when practically the whole metro area is in the dark. Just got the cable TV/internet back this morning. So far behind now on the holiday prep that I am feeling stressed.

Thanks for the lovely good wishes to all of us, and we send the same back to you and yours. I know your children feel much better having you close by. And my wish for 2007 is that the new doctors continue to be kind and vigilant.

P.S. I, too, am getting a lot of dental work done. Two crowns, a root canal (my first) and two other re-fillings. Costing a lot even with insurance, so this also says "I plan on sticking around!"

AlaskaAngel
12-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Hey, nice as always to hear from you, Tricia, so thanks for the update! And I'm delighted to see Steph as well, as Seattle could learn a lot from Alaskans about power outages, and snow and how to drive in it... Great to see you both!

A.A.

tousled1
12-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Tricia, Glad to hear that you are still NED. Good news like that is always an inspiration. Sounds like you are getting settled in Utah and having a good time. Happy Belated Birthday

lexigirl
12-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Dear Tricia,

How nice to see your lovely smile! I am happy to read that you have settled in nicely to your new home. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!

Hugs,
Lexi

rinaina
12-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Sounds like your new home and new city are being good to you. So glad you are happy. Happy 77th and many more happy healthy years. For sure if you are going through with all this dental work, you are going to be around for years to come!!!! No one likes going to the dentist and this comes from a retired dental hygienist! Have great holidays and a happy healthy new year.