PDA

View Full Version : Light a candle for Lisa tonight

MGordon
12-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Angels -

News is not good in Colorado right now. After an absolutely terrible night spent with the home hospice nurse, this morning we had to move Lisa into in-patient hospice. In short, her bowels, intestines, and stomach have all stopped functioning and we are left with only alleviating her pain and misery. As I type Lisa is getting the first real sleep she has had in several days/nights - all in a super-dosed morphine induced haze.

The doctor has given us a prognosis of "days" and we are gathering friends and family to the hospice center. We can no longer provide her with any food/drink as anything that goes into the stomach worsens her condition.

Please light a candle for Lisa and remember her courage and love. Carry on her fight! She loves all of you and would be typing to you all now if she were able.

I wlll to my best to keep you all posted but my greif comes in waves and I am so numb I cannot promise much.

Love and Light
Mel

suzan w
12-16-2006, 10:11 PM
so sorry to hear this, Mel. I have lit a special candle for you both.

Lolly
12-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Oh Mel and Lisa, I'm in tears reading your missive. Words are inadequate to express my feelings, but you are both in my prayers tonight.
Love and Light.

<3 Lolly

Chelee
12-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Mel, Finding the right words at a time like this is so difficult, if not impossible. I just want you to know how truly sorry I am to hear this. I can't even imagine what Lisa and you are all going through right now. This just breaks my heart to hear such news.

I will certainly have you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

Bev
12-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Candle is lit. So sorry. I'm having a hard time with words. Don't worry about posting for us. Do what you need to do. Bev

tousled1
12-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Mel,

I don't know what to say but rest assured Lisa will be in my prayers. I can only imagine the pain and anguish that you and the family are now enduring. I will pray for a miracle.

StephN
12-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Mel -
We are experiencing a long power outage and the oil lamps and candles have been lit since you first posted about Lisa. I have been calling them "Lisa's lights."
I am now at my sister's where they have power, but left one lit when we left our house. I had hope for Lisa.

This is undoubtedly the worst time in your life, and we appreciate a few moments to let us know what has happened.

Sending you both all the love and light we can muster.

Tom
12-17-2006, 02:06 AM
God bless you Mel for the boundless love and caring of your dear Lisa. I pray that He will give you both strength as you walk this difficult path together. Remind her how much we here all love her.

Sincerely,
Tom

lili7
12-17-2006, 02:12 AM
So sorry to hear the news. Will lit the candle and think of Lisa, you and the whole family. Love and eternal peace.

chrislmelb
12-17-2006, 02:27 AM
Mel and Lisa, thinking of you in this hard time.

Christine

RhondaH
12-17-2006, 02:56 AM
nothing I say could take away your grief so I won't even try. Lisa has been such a GREAT source of support and love to many (she has ALWAYS held a special place in my heart). My prayers will continue with her, you and your family and friends. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

tricia keegan
12-17-2006, 03:07 AM
Done!
...And I'm so sorry to hear this news.
I pray Lisa will be comfortable and free of pain.
Thinking of you both at this sad time.
Tricia

Merridith
12-17-2006, 03:42 AM
My candle is lit. Our house is now full of of light and love.

My condolences to you Mel.

Merridith

lightsteve
12-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Our thoughts are with Lisa, family and friends. Candles are burning.

Steve and Sarah

Kimberly Lewis
12-17-2006, 07:57 AM
I am joining in with everyone here as we lift you up.... Thanks to you both for being such a wonderful supportive part of this site.
candle is lit here in NC...kim

saleboat
12-17-2006, 08:05 AM
I'm heartbroken to hear all that Lisa and you are enduring. I'm lighting a candle for Lisa, and wishing the both of you some peace and comfort.

Jen

Mary Anne in TX
12-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Mel, your courage is amazing to me. I light my candle to you both with love and light, as much as I have in me. May God bless your faithfulness and may He come for Lisa in His perfect timing. May the angels surround you with love and strength. Thank you for being you.

kimber
12-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Candle is lit. I pray that her suffering will end. She deserves peace now. My heart is breaking. No one deserves this kind of suffering. We have to continue the fight to find a cure.

God bless you Mel. - kim

PatS
12-17-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this news....wishing comfort and peace to Lisa and her family.

Candle has been lit...

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

janet/FL
12-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Mel
Lisa has always been an inspiration to me. The two of you still are. May she go peacefully knowing how much she was loved by those left behind.
I will light a candle.
Janet

Audrey
12-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Mel, I am so sad and sorry to hear this latest news about our dear Lisa...Candles are lit for both of you. I hope she can feel all the love being sent her way right now.

Joy
12-17-2006, 09:10 AM
that hasn't already been said. My heart is heavy and my stomach aches for you both. My prayers are strong, but my sorrow for you and for Lisa is so great. Thank you for thinking of us and, yes, please remind Lisa of how very loved she is.

newgg
12-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Thank goodness that Brave and Strong and Warrior Lisa has you.....Brave and Strong and Warrior Mel by her side. We share your sorrow and send you both love and strength. For you and all your family and friends.....peace, love and {{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}. Bonnie

IRENE FROM TAMPA
12-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Mel, I do not even know what to say to you at this time but that I think so much of Lisa, even only knowing her through this web site.

Her smile remains in my memories always.

I wish her peace....

Heart Sutra
12-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Mel,

We'll light the candle, with the hope that peace of mind, and of heart, finds a place with you and your family, and especially with Lisa. There are no words, and everything falls short. Our thoughts are with you, and if there is ever a way for love to be sent, it is being done now by many for you, for Lisa.

Thank you for being here, it makes all the difference.

---Kevin and Sue---

Karen W
12-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Love and healing prayers being sent to both of you.

Karen

gin-tx
12-17-2006, 11:28 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.
ginkott1@aol.com

sassy
12-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Mel and Lisa,

May you be filled with the light of love....
And may God hold you in the palm of his hand.....

Lisa is a special inspiration to me.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,
________
buy condo Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Julie
12-17-2006, 01:16 PM
my prayers to you both for strength and courage to face what comes, and for freedom from pain. My heart aches for you.

Soccermom
12-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Mel, please add my prayers to the chorus of "love and light" being sent across the miles.
I am so terribly saddened...

Marcia

Liz J.
12-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Dear Mel,

I am sending along thoughts and prayers at this time. May God give you the strength you need to bear this.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

rinaina
12-17-2006, 03:29 PM
It is with a very heavy heart that I light this candle for Lisa and as I do I pray for her peaceful comfort at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult time. Let her know the love and support we all feel for her. I am so sorry.

Yorkiegirl
12-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Mel my hearts hurts so badly for you during this difficult time for both you and Lisa. Please know that you both have my prayers being sent to you.

(((((((((((((((((( HUG'S))))))))))))))

Montana
12-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Sending good and restful thoughts Lisa's way tonight.

R.B.
12-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Mines been lit.

So hard to find any words

RB

SusanV
12-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Mel,

I have lit a candle in Pittsburgh for you & Lisa.....I cannot find the right words to type, but know that my heart aches for you both.

Love to you

Ruth
12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Mel ~ words are not adequate at a time like this but she will always hold a special place in so many hearts & minds. She will always be remembered as a beautiful and courageous soul that gave herself to so many others. I enjoyed coming back to this website for 3 years and reading her thoughtful, funny and generous insights into the life we live in....this special bond that holds us together & makes none of us strangers.

Peace, Ruth

Vanessa
12-17-2006, 10:01 PM
I agree that it is so hard to know what to say. My thoughts and prayers are with you Lisa and the rest of your family. I am deeply saddened by Lisa's condition. I am praying for the best.

lindaw
12-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Dear Mel

I am so sad from this news. As you can see Lisa is so loved on this board.I have no words .Lisa is so lucky to have your support.

love
linda

rosie
12-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Candles have been lit. While my heart grieves for both of you, it is at least a small measure of peace that Lisa is at last sleeping and more comfortable. You have been a wonderful partner in all of this and I know how very hard you have worked, Mel. God bless you for the love and loyalty showed this first class lady. I will truly miss her warmth and wisdom on the board.

Rose

Barbara H.
12-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Hi Mel,
I just wanted to let you know that you and Lisa are continually in my thoughts. Her words of wisdom and willingness to share on this board brought me so much hope at times when I didn't have it. I'm so sorry that you are now at this stage and I still hope for a miracle.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

CherylS
12-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Mel,
My prayers are with you and your family. Lisa has been such a light to us all. She is always positive, always caring and so very wise. May the God of peace bring you comfort during this difficult trial.

Jean
12-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Dear Mel,

My heart is broken to hear your news. I will continue to pray for a miracle
please know that I will light a special candle for Lisa.

I am so very sorry,
Jean

MJo
12-18-2006, 09:26 AM
I am so sorry. Bless you for your loving care, and thank God for Hospice. I will light a candle. MJO

Shell
12-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Mel-

I am so sorry - please know Lisa and you and your family are in my prayers.

regards,
Shell

Adriana Mangus
12-18-2006, 10:07 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Lisa. My prayers are with you Mel and your family. God Bless.

Sandy H
12-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Oh Mel, this really tears my heart apart to hear what you both are going through this season which is suppose to be a joyous one! I have never met Lisa in person but she was such a inspiration on this board! She has been in my prayers and will continue to be as well as you. Remember we are all here for you. Thanks for taking time to update us as I know you must be spinning in every direction keeping everyone informed and all the other things that go along at a time like this. May God keep you both close to him and wrap his arms around you both. Sending you both a big cyber hug to help get you through this difficult time. Sandy

Sheila
12-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Mel and Lisa

May you both feel the love and light Lisa has given to so many of us....it is her turn to receive it from all of us....it saddened me so much to read your post....she has been here forever for me, I will keep you both in my prayers, Lisa for healing and comfort, and you for the strength to endure this time.

Maggie
12-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Mel, I am so saddened to read this news of Lisa. You have both been a big part of this group and always there to help.

I'm keeping you both in prayer!

Maggie

mamacze
12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Dear Mel,
Lisa, a warrior and a fighter; the light of our lives; rest in peace angel girl

Love and remembering Lisa's wit with great fondness...
Kim from CT

gin-tx
12-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Dear Maggie,

I've only been on this site for a few months so don't think I ever saw any of Lisa's messages but still feel so bad for anyone going through what she and her family are experiencing now. Any amount of time to deal with the terrible ordeal of breast cancer is too long. Keep in touch and let me know of your progress. Am still doing chemo every 3 weeks, don't know how much longer it will continue (herceptin/aridia). Best of you during this holiday season.

hugs,

ginkott1@aol.com

dee
12-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Once upon a time, you mentioned we should consider a memorial on this web site for the angels that we love and then come to lose. The idea did not gain much traction. Now, we are about to lose you - shouldn't we reconsider a memorial section on the site to honor and remember those we deeply love as a result of their postings on our site? I nominate you to head the line up of appropriate candidates. Remember us: we shall remember YOU!
Dee

Mel - candles are being lit even as I press send.

sarah
12-20-2006, 05:41 AM
I've just read this sad news.
I send love and prayers and the hope that Lisa is not in pain.
hugs and love
sarah

gin-tx
12-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Dear Dee,

I think it's a great idea but I wouldn't know where to begin to undertake something like this. I know that I've had a lot of problems getting the web site to be 'user friendly' to me and have even gotten locked out of it for several weeks, couldn't get password to work. After the new yr investigate this more and if you need any suggestions maybe I can think of some. Have a good holiday season and I hope this finds you doing well.

hugs,

ginkott1@aol.com