PDA

View Full Version : Any Tykerb trials for post Herceptin users?

Kimberly Lewis
12-14-2006, 06:31 AM
I saw one posted for those who had not had herceptin, and were early stage. I would like to find a trial for after Herceptin - stage 3 ER/PR+. I have been searching clinicaltrials.gov and haven't seen anything yet. Just wondered if anyone knows of a trial I missed. thanks, Kim

Barbara2
12-14-2006, 07:20 AM
I am also interested, but doubt very much that there is anything for previous herceptin users. Not yet, anyway. Hopefully some day.....soon.

RhondaH
12-14-2006, 08:35 AM
there isn't one, but if you look at my post and Joe's response, it sounds like there may be some possibility once it is FDA approved in the spring, that maybe some oncs may give it for NON metastatic off label (Michele U is persuing it this way). Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Dace
12-14-2006, 11:56 AM
In fact I would not have been able to get in the trial had I not had herceptin. I am currently on tykerb/xeloda.

MGordon
12-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Kimberly -

Interestingly enough, Lisa's trial is Xeloda and Tykerb without Herceptin. We had to stop herceptin treatment to start the trial. Based on this 'd have to say that yes there are post-Herceptin trials!

Love and Light
Mel

Kimberly Lewis
12-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks Mel, I will continue to search and "fight" on....

KellyA
12-18-2006, 03:51 PM
I have spoken to my onc several times about Tykerb. He did say that he was expecting it to be availabe in Feb/March off label. He said he would give it to me off label, but could not guarantee that insurance would cover it. I expect that it won't. I am in the middle of rads now and have had 14 weeks of Herceptin at this point. I will be about half way through the Herceptin if it comes available in March. does anyone know the general cost of Tykerb? Is it comparable to Herceptin?

Kelly

Hopeful
12-18-2006, 09:06 PM
KellyA,

I don't think there is a price available for it yet as the FDA has not approved it. I did read the company's statement that their goal was to make it as "affordable as possible." The fact that it is in pill form and does not require infusion will make it much less expensive than Herceptin (which may as well be liquid gold) to begin with.

Hopeful

Kimberly Lewis
01-13-2007, 10:01 AM
I saw a trial in Greensboro listed and talked to one of the women in the screening process. She suggested I get a 2nd opinon from the Onc who was in charge of the trials to get a foot in the door. I go 2/2/07. Will let you know how that goes.