PDA

View Full Version : Great News Today!!!!

Heart Sutra
12-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Hi this is Sue of the Kevin and Sue show,

All kidding aside. We received great news today. Thank God, because I couldn't stand going to another doctors app. (one everyday this week) without hearing something great.
We found out today I won't need to do radiation treatments. So all the reconstruction can stay. I will be meeting with the onc. next week for my first consultation. Just finished CAT and Muga will be going for bone scan on Friday. I'm also hoping my plastic surg. takes out the drain tomorrow. The damn thing feels like a third breast (really 2 1/2 breasts).
From all the Info we have, it looks like the party really goes into full swing when Chemo starts. Yippie!!!!

Thank you for being here.

---Sue and Kevin---

lexigirl
12-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Sue,

Great news on the no rads!! I am glad that you received some good news! And your right, the fun is about to begin! Yippee.... Chemo isn't fun, but it's completely doable. Now with the use of herceptin, you are going to be a-okay and kick some cancer boodie!!

Hugs,
Lexi

Audrey
12-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Congratulations, Sue! Thanks for sharing your good news with us.

tricia keegan
12-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Great news Sue!

Take the chemo one day at a time,it was nowhere near as bad as
I had imagined and I hope it's the same for you.
Tricia

tousled1
12-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Great news Sue! Don't worry about the chemo, it's really not too bad. It affects each and everyone of us differently. Hopefully you will have little to no side effects. Just remember the chemo is only for a short period of time and you will get through it. Glad you got good news.

lightsteve
12-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Glad to hear the good news. My suggestion regarding chemo is to take any help you can get. Meals, rides, whatever. People are probably aching to find a way to do something for you and anything that will make things easier for you is going to be valuable. Let them help. In our case that did not include the in-laws moving in with us to 'help' but we did appreciate the thought.

Peace and Love to you,

Steve

eric
12-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Great news! Very happy for you. Eric

Tessa
12-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Dear Sue and Kevin,

From the very first your posts have been suffused with such love for each other, such fearless (if understandably nervous) zest to do what has to be done and get through it, and such lively good humor that truly you were due some more good news.

Congratulations for being spared the tedium, and problems, of radiation, and I am sure that whatever chemo regimen lies ahead your strength and determination will see you through with flying colors.

How was the shower?? I remember the bliss of my first one too,

Tessa