PDA

View Full Version : ***What was your date of dx, stage, treatment and current status...???***

Becky
12-10-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm bringing this one back to the top

gin-tx
12-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Dear Becky,

I couldn't find your message but finally located it. I was originally diagnosed in 1995 (dec) with breast cancer on the left breast, had a lumpectamy and 36 radiation treatments. Was fine for 1 yrs, kept up with all necessary tests, mammograms, etc. In Feb of 2006 began noticing something that was not right, went to gyn and he sent me to a breast surgeon. I had biopsy April 27 of this yr, he thought everything looked okay, told my family he thought everything was fine. On Mon he called and told me it was malignant. The next day I saw him again and he needed to do wider margins but first had to have some other tests. Had sentinel node done around May 10 and had wider margins and lymph nodes done on May 12, first lymph node was malignant but others were all okay as well as other tissue. Then began rounds of bone scan, something showed up, had MRI, diag with stage IV metastatic cancer, onc sent me to radiation oncologist, had 18 treatments on spine, lungs, esophygus affected also and difficulty eating, swallowing, etc. Not fun. Started chemo after port put in during all this. Am still doing Herceptin and Aridia every 3 weeks, having some more back pain but can't do surgery because of chemo, it prevents healing and causes infection. Don't know how much longer I'll be doing the treatments, maybe for a long time. Hope this answers your question.

ginkott1@aol.com

kari
12-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Hi Becky,
Theses are my stats:
Lumpectomy-Dec9/05;
Dx Dec 16/05-Stage IIB IDC, 2.2cm (no clear margins), grade 3,ER+/PR+, Her2+++;
Mastectomy&SNB-Jan 11/06 (2 nodes +);
Axillary Nodes-Feb6/06 (all 17 neg);
4 rounds AC-Mar6/06;
4 roundsTaxol-June20/06;
25 Rads-Sept26-Oct31/06;
Tamoxifen-Nov5/06(for 2-5 yr);
Herceptin-Nov16/06(for 1 yr, every three weeks);
Surviving!

Best wishes to all that you may enjoy the goodness of God's blessings of health, peace and happiness during the holiday season and in 2007!
Kari

"The good Lord gave us mountains, so we could learn how to climb!"

gin-tx
12-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Dear Kari,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back with your request for info, between working part time and treatment there isn't a lot of time to spare. I hope this finds you doing well, you'll have to let me know your status also. I was originally diag with bc in Dec 1995. Nothing showed up until April 2006, had biopsy and dr thought it looked good. He called me 3 days later and said it was malignant but did not know how severe it was, did wider margins, one lymp gland positive, all other tissue was fine. During course of various tests something discovered on my spine in body scan, had MRI, it was malignant tumor pressing on spine, onc sent me to radiaiton oncologist who said treatment had to begin immediately, also had port installed, 18 radiation treatments with side effects to esyphogus, digestion, swallowing, etc. Still have a few of those, am taking Herceptin and Aridia every 3 weeks, holding my own, nothing new has showed up. I have to get CT end of Jan. See if lungs, liver and spine are still same status. Some days I feel real good, others not so hot, try to take each day as it comes.

Keep me informed of your status and where you are with treatment.

hugs,
ginkott1@aol.com

Susan McQ
12-27-2006, 04:31 PM
This is my info.

dx 2/6/06 with IDC stage 2 rt breast @ 39. 4 AC's completed in April 2006. Started weekly Taxol/Herceptin May '06 completed August '06. Complete response to chemotherapy.
Lumpectomy 8/15/06 NED.
33 Rads completed Oct '06
Weekly Herceptin to be completed May '06 (1 year total)

mamacze
01-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi Becky,
Are you compiling information?
My stats:
2001; Stage 0 Rads and tamoxifen
April 2004 lumpectomy, er/pr neg, Her 2 neu Plus 3 scans, stage 4 with extensive mets to the lungs, Navelbine and Herceptin
October 2004 to date: NED
Love Kim from CT

Adriana Mangus
01-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Dear Kim: In reading your response to Becky you mentioned Navelbine and Herceptin and being NED since Oct'04. How long were you on that combination? What is on 1 side or both lungs? Are you now on Herceptin-just Herceptin?
I will appreciate your response. Thank you Kim.

Adriana Mangus
01-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Diagnosed Nov' 94, Age 38. Rt breast, less than 2 cm/tumor.Clear Nodes. Lumpectomy.
Asked for removal of both breast, surgeon refused?
Chemo 4 weeks+radiation 3 months, 5 x wk.
Recurrence 2003 July 16 (MY-B-DAY!) to rt lung, coughing for about 3 months,
went to see Personal Phyhsician,X-ray showed mass.
Navelbine + Herceptin, 8 months,
Continue Herceptin-NED until;
Nov.'06 CT chest scan showed tumor growing
Jan'07 will add Xelod to Herceptin (possibly Tykerb when available)

Let me know if you need additional information.:)

Stage 1 at the time of dx

SusieQ
01-02-2007, 08:02 PM
My DX, Treatment and Current Status

julierene
01-02-2007, 08:22 PM
My stats below. Dec 03 I was 28. I turn 33 in March.

Lolly
01-02-2007, 09:42 PM
I was diagnosed at age 45, am now 53. Going into my 8th year of survival, with overall great quality of life!

Sherryg683
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
My history is below, if this signature thingy works..sherryg