PDA

View Full Version : Sad News - Hope has passed away.

Joe
12-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Hope's daughter, Julissa, called Christine yesterday to tell her of her Mom's passing earlier in the day. She had been under hospice care for a few weeks.

Hope was one of our original members who joined this board shortly after her diagnosis in 2002. She had been an active participant in many of our local events here in San Diego.

Our prayers go out for her family.

Joe

Vanessa
12-09-2006, 10:02 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Hope's passing. I will be praying for her family as they go through this difficult time. I can't help but feel sad to hear that another board member has passed from this terrible disease.

karenann
12-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Healing prayers and hugs being sent to Hope's family.

Karen

tricia keegan
12-09-2006, 10:17 AM
So sorry to hear this sad news and will be remembering Hope and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Tricia

lexigirl
12-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Keeping Hope's family in my prayers. I am sorry to read this.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

StephN
12-09-2006, 11:23 AM
You fought the battle royal. It seems you had mets from the time I met you early in this web site, when I too had bad mets. You had some encouraging words for me "back when," and I am wishing you peace and eternal rest.
You have earned it, my angel friend.

Barbara H.
12-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi,
I am so sad to read this message. I too, had enjoyed reading Hope's encouraging messages. My thoughts go out to her family.
Best regards,
Barbara H.

Soccermom
12-09-2006, 11:44 AM
I am so saddened to hear of Hopes passing. My thoughts and prayers are with Hopes family and friends.

Marcia

tousled1
12-09-2006, 12:15 PM
My heart goes out to Hope's family. It is so sad when a board member passes away from this dreadful disease. I'm just thankful that Hope had her family and friends with her for support. I will keep her family in my prayers.

Yorkiegirl
12-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Hope's family will be in my prayers. I know God will wrap his arms around the family during this most difficult time and sad time.

RhondaH
12-09-2006, 02:58 PM
in my prayers. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Sandy H
12-09-2006, 03:10 PM
So sorry to hear we have lost another sister to this disease. May the family find peace and healing in her memories. hugs, Sandy

lindaw
12-09-2006, 03:24 PM
i am also saddened by Hope's passing. She has been so supportive and giving.

Lindaw

Chelee
12-09-2006, 04:35 PM
I am so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers go out to Hope's family and friends at this difficult time.

Chelee

Lolly
12-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Blessings and prayers go to Hope's family from mine.

<3Lolly

Bev
12-09-2006, 09:04 PM
So very sorry Julissa. I hope your family can find some peace. Maybe God needed her home early. BB

rinaina
12-10-2006, 01:51 PM
My most sincere condolences to Hope and her family at this time. I am so saddened at yet another passing of one of the forum members. It is so sad and difficult to hear this news. My heart goes out to the entire family.

sherri
12-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Very sad news. She has no pain anymore and is in a better place.

cafe1084
12-10-2006, 04:25 PM
I decided to finally post because I logged on this evening and read that Hope had passed away. I have never met or even "spoke" with her, but I suppose it was a reality check. I guess her death was expected, but there is a brief period between life and death that we all struggle with. I think it is the fear of the unknown and the fear of what is to come...and a fear of life without them. It's the time when you can only hope there is peace and closure and the words that have never been said are shared.

I truly feel a deep down pain for her family and friends. I have been on that end of cancer. Losing my dad and my best friend, my grandmother, to lung cancer...I know what it is to struggle for each breath and suffer with the knots in your heart. There is no way to describe that pain, right?

Anyway, a friend sent this to me after my dad passed and I wanted to share it with someone, anyone who might appreciate it, especially during this time of the year.

Merry Christmas, Hope

All is Well. Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Pray, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effect without the trace of a shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner. All is well.

Henry Scott Holland
1847-1918

Sheila
12-10-2006, 05:49 PM
My deepest sympathy and prayers to Julissa and her family is the loss of our dear Hope....and she was just as her name implys to so many of us....may you be comforted knowing that she is not in pain anymore...she is an angel watching over all of us.

Sherryg683
12-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I am so sorry. It has to be extra hard it being so close to Christmas although it's got to be awful anytime. I will say a prayer for her family..sherryg683

DEBBIE S
12-11-2006, 11:16 AM
So sad to hear of Hope's passing .... but you know she is now in a better place and free of pain ..... My prayers go out to Hope's daughter and family .... May the Lord give you comfort at this time .......

With Sadness,

Debbie

Jean
12-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I am very sad to hear the loss of one of our members. My heart goes out to the family and I extend my deepest sympathy.

Jean

chrisy
12-11-2006, 12:44 PM
My deepest sympathy and prayers for her family at this difficult time.

MJo
12-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Please take good care of yourselves during this difficult time. God bless. MJO

kimber
12-11-2006, 05:52 PM
With great sadness and many tears I write - God bless you. You now have peace. - kim

VirginiaGirl
12-11-2006, 05:56 PM
God bless you, Julissa, and your family during this sad time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Peace,
Liz

Rendi69CA
12-14-2006, 08:11 PM
I am so sorry. God Bless you and your love one.

Kim in CA
12-15-2006, 10:30 AM
So very sad to hear of Hope's passing. I too am sending prayers to her family at this difficult time.

Respectfully, Kim in CA