PDA

View Full Version : Bilateral DIEP Reconstruction Question

skibunny
12-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi! I had my reconstruction almost 6 weeks ago, and I am happy to report I am up and about healing slowly and becoming accustomed to my new body. I will need some fine tuning , but that is later when all the swelling goes down.

I have a question for anyone who has had this type of reconstruction. My tummy (from where they took the fat) is so tight which they say it is supposed to be. However, above the incision it feels like spasms or contractions and it looks swollen and I am uncomfortable. Did anyone else have anything like this with this surgery? Could fluid be accumulating?

Thanks for any input.

Skibunny

tousled1
12-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Skibunny,

Sorry I can't offer you any advise on your questions. I do however want to say that I'm glad your surgery went well and that you are recovering so good.

Jenna
01-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Yes, I had a horrible pain on my right side and it felt like spasms. I went to my ps week 4 and he didn't think there was a problem until he felt my skin on my abs and realized there was fluid inside.

He drained 2 syringes and it felt better the next day.
Hope that helps.
Jenna

Soccermom
01-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Hi Skibunny,
Another website that I frequent for BC issues is www.facingourrisk.org (http://www.facingourrisk.org)
Although I have not had recon, there are many women there that have and there are ongoing message threads regarding DIEP and recovery. Tell them Soccermom sent you,LOL!

Best wishes for a great outcome!
Marcia