PDA

View Full Version : can someone share what symptoms occur with lung mets?

Alice
12-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi there,
I hope all is well with everyone. Back in Sept of this year I began haveing exercise intollerance, weight loss (under control now), and pain in the pelvic area, heavy feeling in my chest. My GP had a ct of pelvis and abdomen done. The pelvis showed a ovarian cyst which explained the pain but to our suprise it caught the lower portion of the lungs and they had multiple densities not shown on previous pet scan. My onc is one that only does scans when symptoms occur. She seems to think the heavyness in my chest is due to conjestive heart failure from the herceptin as I have not developed a cough. I had to stop H in June due to drop in echo. This heavyness persists though and I was wondering if anyone had lung mets without a cough? I have a repeat scan next week and I'm getting a little nervous.
Thanks for your help, Alice

karenann
12-02-2006, 11:28 AM
What does your onc think about the pet scan results of the lungs? I would push for more tests, including the heart to see if it is chf from herceptin.

Oh, friends of mine who do have chf say that there is a problem with fluid retention.

Karen

Robyn
12-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I have lung mets, but have no symptoms at the moment. At the present time, they are stable. They were found on a CT scan because I had a local recur. to mast. scar line. I am doing Herceptin/Omnitarg drug study.

Best thing to do is get it check and your heart. I am sorry you are feeling this way. It suck all around!

R

tousled1
12-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Alice,

I would tell your oncologist that you want a PET/CT scan. He/she really can't deny your request and at least then you would know for sure. I know how it is not knowing. Push hard for the scan.

Sherryg683
12-02-2006, 07:00 PM
I had two small lung mets and had no symptoms at all. My scans this week all came back clean, I've been NED for 8 months now!!..sherryg683