PDA

View Full Version : Please Respect our Message Board Protocol

Joe
12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
There seems to be some confusion in posting to our message boards. The Main or HER2 Board is primarily to as questions, voice concerns, and to share emotions and/or experiences.

Results of clinical trials or research should be posted on our Articles of Interest" board. Instead of posting an entire article, please try to post a link pointing to the article as the increasing size of our database is actually slowing our service down. I tried to provide a gentle hint by limiting posts to 2500 characters but that doesn't seem to work.

There is a misconception that posts on the HER2 Board are read more frequently than posts on other boards. Our message board measures "views" but not posts that were actually read. I receive very comprensive information through the administrators panel and find that the time spent reading many of these posts averages less than 3 seconds when posted on the HER2 board, but when they are relocated to the Articles of Interest Board the average time spent on each post is markedly longer.

The popularity of our website and the number of our programs are steadily increasing, as well as my responsiblities. There are several major improvements being planned for early 2007 which is the culmination of hours of planning. I do not need the added burdens of having to sort out posts every day.

Warmest Regards
Joe

Hopeful
12-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Joe,

Thanks for maintaining a wonderful site. I am sure no one who uses it wants to make extra work for you. It occurs to me that some of the members who cut and paste entire articles may have problems or not understand how to post a link. Maybe if you posted a "how to post a link" post with a sticky at the top of the board, it would help?

Just a suggestion.

Hopeful

Jean
12-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Joe,
Just read your post please forgive the recent thread of mine, I did not read
your post prior.

Thank you again for all your hard work.

Regards,
jean