PDA

View Full Version : Update on Hope-Please Pray

Jules
11-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi My name is Julissa and I am Hope's daughter. I have been a lurkeron this board for some time but many remember my mom as an active particicpant in the past. Sadly she is not doing well and is now in hospice care and I really feel that the end is near. Both myself and her companion live in the house and we are trying to keep her comfortable as possible. She is on hydromorphone for pain and ativan for anxiety but is conscious for most of the day. Right now her right lung tumors are really progressing, brain and bone mets appear to be stable

I am trying to be the best advocate for her care for the 4 years after being diagnosed at stage 4 in Oct. 2002 but there is no more chemos to try as she has tried them all and is too weak to repeat them. I have checked into the Lapatinib EAP trial but infortunately she is so weak that she is ineligible to be on the study. BTW the protocol states that you have to have a ECOG status of a 2 and she is a 3 now.

Hospice has been a great support to us and as much as both her and I did not want to give up sadly we have run out of options. Please keep her in your prayers and I will continually update this board on her condition. Peace and Love, Julissa

suzan w
11-28-2006, 12:49 PM
so sorry to hear this news. sounds like Hope has a wonderful support system..lucky! Prayers sent your way

Barbara H.
11-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi,
Sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with you and with her.
Barbara H.

pattyz
11-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Dear Julissa,

Thank you for sharing this sad news with us... I have wondered how your mom was doing.

Please give her a hug and kiss from me, a fellow brain metster and occasional poster to your mom.

Hoping for good moments in the days ahead for you all.

pattyz

SusanV
11-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Julissa,

Just wanted to say I will keep you, your mom and your family in my prayers.

May peace be with all of you during these difficult days.

rinaina
11-28-2006, 02:19 PM
I am sending prayers your way. So sorry to hear the sad news about your mom. This disease is horrible even with all the advancements, we are still losing too many. Your mom is so lucky to have you with her all this time for support and love. Hospice is wonderful in cases like this. I hope they can keep your mom comfortable. My heart goes out to you.

kari
11-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Dear Julissa,
I am so very saddened to hear about your mom. All of you will be in my prayers as you struggle through this terrible time. I pray for your peace and that your mom will be comfortable, feeling all of the love that is surrounding her. Never stop praying for a miracle!
Take care,
Karen

"The Good Lord gave us mountains, so we could learn how to climb!"

Mary Jo
11-28-2006, 04:05 PM
May God's Peace surround you all and hold you close. My heart can feel your sorrow and I send a hug your way.........from my heart to yours.

Blessings of Peace I send .......

Mary Jo

lexigirl
11-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Julissa,

My prayers are with your mom and your family. Peace be with you at this tough time.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

RhondaH
11-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Done...Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

tousled1
11-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Julissa,

I'm very sorry to read this sad update on your mom. She's very fortunate that she has you for support. Just remember - miracles do happen. I will keep your mom in my prayers.

Sandy H
11-28-2006, 08:03 PM
It saddens my heart to hear of another sister nearing the end with this terrible disease. I will keep you in my prayers for peace and comfort. She is so very lucky to have you there for support along with the others. Sending you a big hug. Sandy

Jackie
11-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Julissa,

My prayers are with you during this time. Just remember that He is in control. Your mom is very fortunate to have the support from you.

God Bless

Sheila
11-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Julissa
You and your Mom are in my prayers at this time, she is very lucky to have a daughter like you to support and love her through this terrible illness....may you both feel the love and warmth that surrounds you as only a mother and daughter can share....I will be praying for a miracle for your Mom, but as we know, this is in the hands of a higher power.
Hugs to you and your Mom

Vanessa
11-28-2006, 09:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear that your mom is not doing well. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers at this time. Thank you for taking the time to update us. You are a great daughter.

Bev
11-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks for letting us know Julissa. I'm very sorry and pray for a miracle. Seen the news the last few days about having herceptin injected in the spinal fluid to get past the brain barrier. Maybe email Lani or Becky to see if they have any treatment ideas. Keep in touch, we care. BB

VirginiaGirl
11-29-2006, 03:59 AM
Dear Julissa, I'm so sorry to hear your mom is not doing well. It sounds like it has been a long road for all of you. Your mom must be so very proud to have such a loving, supportive daughter. My heart is heavy for all of you, but know that God is with you all the way.
Peace and blessings

Joy
11-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Thank you for the update. With all you have going on it is very meaningful that you took the time to post. Take good care of yourself as it is evident that you are taking great care of your mom already.

MJo
11-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Yes, hospice is a good thing. I am glad your mom and your family are getting support from hospice. I am sending up prayers. Your mom has a beautiful and appropriate name.

CLTann
11-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Julissa,

My prayer is for you and your family. Peace and tranquility be with all of you. God bless you.

sherri
11-29-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm so sorry with this sad news. You and your family are in my thoughts. Be strong for her.

Big hug,

StephN
12-02-2006, 12:51 AM
-- and thanks for your post, even though the news is not what we wished for your dear Mom. She was helpful and supportive here when she could be, so we try to return the favor.

Just feel bad that she has become weakened to the extent that she can not even get Tykerb. But really glad to hear the brain involvement is stable. She was supportive to me during my discovery of brain mets and problems with the steroid from "heck."

Let her know that we are all praying and sending her good wishes as she faces this time with the loving comfort of her family.

tricia keegan
12-02-2006, 03:15 AM
I'm so sorry for you and your Mom facing this but know I'll be praying for you all.

Thank you for taking the time to update us.
Tricia

Lolly
12-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Julissa, please give your mom a big hug from me. This is a sad time for you, I know, but it's so wonderful you're able to keep her at home with the help of Hospice. Blessings on you and your family, you're in my prayers.

<3 Lolly

lindaw
12-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Dear Julissa

I am so sorry to hear this news.

love
linda

Val Pfeiffer
12-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Julissa, please tell your mom that so many of us are thinking about her. We are all praying for her comfort and wishing her a peaceful state of mind during this complicated time.

Val

Barbara2
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I am praying for comfort and peace for your mom and your whole family. May God's strenghth be with all of you. God bless you.