PDA

View Full Version : lapatinib

lindaw
11-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Dear All
I have had lapatinib/xeloda for 5 days ( 5th day today). For the last 2 days i have not experienced the stabbing pains that come out of nowhere or the itchiness.Skin mets ladies will know what this feels like.
I am now seeing a little drying up of some open wounds. Still have 3 patches of bleeding ( less) and weeping .Trying to work out how to dress these as they are on the centre of my chest and the two lowere neck/collarbone areas. non-stick dressings do stick and then bleed when come off. am trying glad wrap but tis getting hot here and that tends to make it sweat and get soft. Wearing nothing would be best but not a good look at work.
anyway I can cope with all that, After so long of itching and pain its nice to have a break - i am so gratefult to get this drug and wish others could have got it in time.I am thinking of Lynn - who is also in Australia,Makes me sad.

love
Lindaw

Bev
11-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Good luck Linda. Hope this treatment does the trick. Keep us posted. Thanks, Bev

Lolly
11-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Lindaw, I'm feeling such relief for you, and great hope that you'll continue to improve daily. And it IS hard to know that it didn't come in time for some of our girls. We just have to live for them too.

<3 Lolly