PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS - madubois63

madubois63
11-25-2006, 03:14 PM
It was a great gift to have most of my family here for the holiday. My sister left with my kids this morning. I miss them already! My mom stayed with me, but we are flying out of Buffalo Tuesday afternoon!!!!!!! I am going HOME!!!!! The doctors are very happy, and say I am right on track. I did get a blood transfusion today and will have another tomorrow, but they say this is normal and all is well so far. I'm so happy right now; I'm going to BURST! I will report to my 1st leukemia doctor at Stony Brook on Wednesday and resume care there as an outpatient. I'm going to sleep in my own bed!!!! I am not out of the water yet, but so far so good...I am slow and still shake a little (steroids). My eyesight (also steroids) is much better. I just can't thank you enough for all the support, prayers and love. I truly could not have done this without your support...Love, Maryann

rinaina
11-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Oh Wow! Can't think of better news this holiday weekend. I am sooooooo happy for you. I know this couldn't have been an easy journey to say the least. I am so proud of you for your courage and strength. I will continue to pray for your recovery and I hope each day brings better health for you. Safe travel back to home and enjoy your own bed as well as being back with your family. Your dog is going to be so happy to see you again. Take care and can't wait to hear more positive news from you.

lindaw
11-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Dear MaryannWhat fabulous news. I am so happy for you - you have been through so much and still manged to be supportive of others.

So exciting to be going home.Your lucky kids have such a great Mum.

love
linda

Chelee
11-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Maryann, I am so excited for you. That is just wonderful that you already get to go home. I can hear the excitement through your post. http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif Such perfect timing to get all that behind you just in time to ENJOY your Holidays at home with family as it should be.

Sending you warm healing thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

karen raines hunt
11-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Dear Maryann,

What great news!!! Enjoy sleeping in your OWN bed.

Karen

Sheila
11-25-2006, 03:36 PM
MaryAnne

This will truly be a special holiday at your house..YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!
Prayers ARE heard!!! You will remain in mine...

eric
11-25-2006, 03:41 PM
A wonderful Thanksgiving message! I'm very happy for you. Eric

chrisy
11-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh, Maryann,
What fabulous news - and what an appropriate way to celebrate Thanksgiving weekend! I know that being home will help body and soul. You are amazing!

Chris

Barbara H.
11-25-2006, 03:56 PM
WOW!!!!!!!! This is huge news. I am so happy that you will be home soon. You are really a trail blazer. Thanks again for sharing your story.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

chrislmelb
11-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Great BIG news. Enjoy.

Christine

Mary Anne in TX
11-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Absolutely fantastic news!

Praise God!
I'm so excited for you and your family!
May this be the 1st of many, many thankful Thanksgivings for you!
God bless,

Bev
11-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Yeah! Keep up the good work. Here's hoping you don't get snowed in on Tuesday. If we had academy awards for Her 2+, you would win this year. Best wishes, Bev

karenann
11-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Your story fills my heart with joy.

Hugs,
Karen

StephN
11-25-2006, 10:00 PM
This news is a ray of sunshine into the steely, snow threatening skies here.
Nothing like your own bed to rest and relax in! And I know you have a good one, as we had that discussion about good beds last year.

Your docs seems SO pleased with the way you have gone down this transplant path. I am sure you will be leaving some new friends and supporters in upstate, but home is where your heart is.

Now we will pray for safe travels home.

michele u
11-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Maryanne

I'm so happy for you! Just in time for the Holidays. Now they seem so preciuos to us. Just think, next Christmas will be happier yet!!

Lolly
11-25-2006, 10:42 PM
What wonderful news!!! Home is such a wonderful place to be.

<3 Lolly

MJo
11-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year! And many, many more. MJO

SusanV
11-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Hooray for going home..How sweet it will be for you !!! So happy for you !!

gin-tx
11-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Dear Maryann,

Am so happy you have had success with your treatment and you will be returning home and hopefully to a normal life with family. Glad you are able to return in time for holidays with your loved ones. I wish you only the best in your struggle with this terrible disease.

hugs,

ginkott1@aol.com

lisahammo
11-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Congratulations Maryann.

This is the best news. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. You have worked so hard, you deserve the best. Enjoy Christmas and just being with your family. Wonderful to hear to good news.

Jean
11-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Best news all day! Safe trip back.

Sending all my prayers your way,
Jean

Jean
11-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Best news all day! Safe trip back.

Sending all my prayers your way,
Jean

Soccermom
11-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Dear Maryanne,
HOME for the HOLIDAYS!!!!! YAHOOIE!~
I am "over the moon" happy for you and your family!

Much love and warm hugs,Marcia

Joy
11-27-2006, 11:09 AM
I am so happy for you and your message just bursts with your own happiness. It brought happy tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing!

sherri
11-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Dear Maryann,

The best news I got during holidays. Take care,
Love and hugs,

Val Pfeiffer
12-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Maryann--How are you doing? Are you settled in and feeling OK?

Val

Petesmom
12-06-2006, 08:20 AM
MaryAnn,

So glad to know that you are home. I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Love and hugs,

Petesmom

cathy34
12-06-2006, 10:22 AM
This is wonderful news.