PDA

View Full Version : My bone scan results!

Sandy H
11-20-2006, 08:33 PM
I saw my oncologist today and he asked me if I had gotting hit in the rib area! I told him if I did I wouldn't remember. He said two spots showed on the scan one on the second and one on the fourth rib. He said they did not show up on cat scan and also said bone mets look two ways. One they show as a hole or as a scrape that is white. Neither one of these looked that way. He said he could not say it was cancer. I will get scanned again in 6 weeks and will see if they are still there. He also told me he is not panicking over this. I will continue on Tykerb because we don't know if it is mets. Anyone want to share their thoughts on this, or had this happen to them? hugs, Sandy

lindaw
11-21-2006, 04:20 AM
Dear Sandy

I do not have any ideas. Am hoping it is something else.I know the feeling of waiting and worrying.
I have Lapatinib today and will start tomorrow. Just as well as my skin mets are causing me heaps of pain and discomfort. Am hoping it works on this. One is bleeding again.
I will be hoping for you that it is nothing/I had osteonecrosis from steroids once and the oseo dr called tell the difference on the scan.

love
lindfaw

Cathy1
11-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi Sandy,

I am just as shocked as you are. My petscan and catscan showed a small area on my right iliac bone in my pelvis. It has hurt for years. I attributed it to a fall I had fifteen years ago, but nothing ever showed up there until now. I do favor that side when I walk and it hurts at night, but it has for about two years now.
Why did they do a bone scan? Did they do a petscan first?
Were you moving furniture around or carrying anything heavy? I know the day before my scan I moved a big piece of furniture with my hips. I hope it was from that.
It's funny because my doctor also acted like it's no big deal, but I know how you feel. Keep praying. I know this journey has brought me closer to the Lord each day and I know I can trust in Him.This is a good time of year to keep busy and get your mind off of it, but when you do think of it, just pray. These days seem to go so fast, just one day melting into the next. We will soon have our answers. God knows already, and He is the Only one who can help us. I really know He is the one who gives me the Peace beyond all understanding- when I ask Him. God Bless, Cathy

Sandy H
11-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Cathy, thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I am not going to worry and I do as you say pray when I think about it. I have bone, cat and muga scans every 6 weeks as it is protocal for the trial. Have never had PET scan. Wishing you and yours a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. hugs, Sandy

rinaina
11-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Hoping and praying that it isn't mets and just some anomoly of some sort. You have had enough already. Enjoy the holiday and do not fret.

Mary Jo
11-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi Sandy,

Because I was early stage (stage 2) I will not be scanned unless symptoms warrant. I did have a PET scan back in July 2005 after I was initially diagnosed but that will be all. I'm glad now that I won't have scans. When I hear all the "stuff" they can find and often times proves to be nothing I am happy I don't have that additional stress.

I'm happy that it doesn't seem like it's anything and pray that it is not. Do you have any pain in that area?

God Bless you Sandy and Happy Thanksgiving.

Mary Jo

Lolly
11-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Sandy, I had an old injury to my breastbone show up on a PET/CT several months later, long after the area had healed, or so I thought. Hope it's the same for you, try not to worry.

<3 Lolly

lexigirl
11-21-2006, 09:49 PM
You have been doing so well. You may have injured yourself and not even realized it. I am praying that you will continue to be well.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Sandy H
11-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post. I am not going to worry about it. I will know more in 6 weeks or 5 weeks now. Putting it in God's hands and will deal with it when we know what we are dealing with. hugs, Sandy

Joy
11-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi Sandy, I just wanted to share that I have had 2 spots in my bones that confuse everyone. One will show up on a CT and not on the bone scan and vice versa. I had started Zometa when they first appeared and neither of them have grown-just stable. So I don't even really think about it anymore since I feel that nothing has definitively said they are or are not mets. Keep up the good attitude.