PDA

View Full Version : Am I Bored or What????

Sheila
11-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Seems at times I have too much time on my hands, I made my own little breast cancer Christmas Tree for my VW Bug with white lights that light up....everyone that sees it has to come look at it...it is a reminder of the season and all I have to be thankful for!

StephN
11-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey Sheila -
If you are not busy, I could use some help sorting out the pile on my desk and getting some ironing done ... just in case you are in need of something else to keep your hands busy.

(Were you watching Martha or something??)

Sheila
11-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Steph
I just needed a little boost to get the Holiday Spirit in me this year...I love my little black bug, although I really wanted the pink one, but they were too expensive as they only made 14 of them. I usually have fake dandelions as my flowers...guess I like the nature look...! Just had to do something different so I thought, why not a Christmas Tree with battery operated lights. I have sold several since people saw mine....it makes the season and my heart Merry!

Vanessa
11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
How cute. I wish I was as creative as you. I was looking on the internet for pre-cut quilting squares and I found some with pink ribbons. After I attemp to make the quilts I want to, I might make a quilt with pink ribbons. The reason I am making the quilts prompts me to start a post. You will know when you see it.

StephN
11-20-2006, 01:31 PM
AH HA! Now we see.

Sheila has turned her "mood lifter" into a little business venture!
Just one more reason to add to the "keep going, you never know what fun is around the corner" to take your mind off your troubles.

So how much are they, without shipping??

Sat. night my local cancer survivor group (Team Survivor Northwest) had a Magic Show/fund raiser. It was great! There were dozens of cancer survivors from various cancers who excercise together in many different ways, including mountain climbing and half marathons (I am not quite to THAT point yet...)! Some of the stories of "coming back to life" are so amazing, as well as the stories of supporters and caregivers. The board of directors for this group are ALL cancer survivors and an amazing group of women.

Your little trees would have made great centerpieces.

Sheila
11-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Steph
I get 10.00 to 15.00 ea...I have made them to match all the various colors of Bugs.....I don't make alot but I have fun! I just came back from the car wash and they were all looking at my little lit tree...couldn't believe it lights up....and when I was there, I found a soft plastic pink ribbon air freshener for my car,,,vanilla sent....just had to get it, it matches the tree!

Sherryg683
11-20-2006, 09:03 PM
I love it, what an adorable idea. You've got me wanting to make something for my car...sherryg683