PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged Rib?

momdeeco
11-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Coming up on the 1 yr. anniversity since dx. (11/21/05) I am a little paranoid about different symptoms that I have. I notice yesterday when getting out of the shower that one of my left ribs was larger than the right one. Can't feel a lump and doesn't hurt, isn't red or bruised. Feel as if I have some muscle strain on the left side also. I just contributed it to poor posture when on the computer and at work, or maybe a lipoma. ( I suppose it could have always been this way, just never noticed it.) Has anyone else had that happen, and if they did, what did it mean?

Becky
11-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Have your onc check it since you are still going there regularly for Herceptin.

It is probably nothing (really). There are so many things that I suddenly notice. Some, I will mention to my husband who will tell me I always was that way or I will have my doctor check (my scar ridge from the lymph node removal for example - I check every month my breasts and underarms and have my husband do it too as a "second opinion").

Its hard not to be too vigiliant but better to be too much than too little.

mts
11-20-2006, 08:23 AM
I have two lipomas adjacent to my rib cage... One on othe right side just under the breast and the other in the exact opposite location. If lipoma, they should be able to "move" a bit- I mean, when you press on them, they feel like a tight water balloon that is being pressed on... totally painless and totally benign.
My mother had them too, and never noticed them until later in life. I did not notice mine until way after my b.c. and probably had them all along.

Maria (MTS)