PDA

View Full Version : Lisa, sounds like the same for me(tykerb trial)

lu ann
11-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi Lisa,

I didn't know how far down this would get, so I decided to start a new thread.

I also signed the concent form yesterday, and will be having all the same scans as you. I guess it's all part of the program.

I have progressed to my hip, femur, and knee. I started rad. tx. 11/11 to the hip and will start the knee next week. I have to be finished with the tx. before I get the xelota/tykerb. I wouldn't of had to start rad. tx. had I of known the program was going to open for me this soon.

I have not been in this much pain since 3 years ago when I didn't know I had bone mets and wasn't on pain meds. I've increased to 150mcg.durelgesic pain patch and 2/ 4mg dilodid every 4 hours for pain.

Keep me informed of your progress as I will you. This is the first I've been on line for about a week. Just not up to it.

Love and Blessing
Lu Ann

Sheila
11-19-2006, 05:54 AM
LuAnn

Here is hoping that the Tykerb will be just what your body needs to fight this....and hoping the bone mets will settle down and give you some relief!

lu ann
11-19-2006, 04:55 PM
...The increase of the pain patch has kicked in so I don't need the pills for breakthrough pain as often. The concent form was 17 pages long. There are risks involved and I will have to be scanned every 6 weeks. It's the price we pay, I guess.

Love and blessings
Lu Ann

Bev
11-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Best of luck LuAnn. Bev

Vanessa
11-19-2006, 07:07 PM
I will be thinking of you, Lu Ann and will keep you in my prayers. I hope the Tykerb works wonders for you.