PDA

View Full Version : Question About Herceptin and Homeopathic Treatments

Cynthia
11-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Friends,

I am interested to know if anyone has come across anything about possible adverse reactions when Herceptin is combined with homeopathic treatments. (Please note, I am not suggesting that any such adverse reactions exist, though I would like to research the point.) If so, I would appreciate hearing about what you have learned, and if possible, would welcome the opportunity to read any articles on the topic.

Thank you.

Cynthia

jessica
11-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi~
I have combined my treatment-Herceptin+chemo/Herceptin solo -w/complimentary alternative medicine since my dx in 2002. I refer all of my care to a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner who is able to decipher all the different information eg. Curcumin, Cox2Inhibitors, CoQ10, EPA/DHA, etc. in combination w/my previous & current treatment.
Back in 2002, I went to MSK for a consult & they demanded(!) I "Stop all that"...today MSK has a whole new division dedicated to researching alternative complimentary meds..Go figure!
There's so much information out there...too much for us to have to decipher on our own. It's helpful to have some guidance from someone who really knows.
Please feel free to send me a note here or via jmalucas4@aol.com & I'd be more than happy to share info w/you about my TCM, who has been 12-18mos ahead of the conventional medical journals w/recommendations, such as curcumin, CoQ10, Cox2Inhibitors, etc.
He recommends the combination of BOTH -allopathic+complimentary -as the best approach to care & treatment.

Best of Luck!
Keep the Faith~

Rupali
11-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Homeopathy is one of the mildest alternative treatment and I do not think u will have any adverse effect of homeopathy. What you need to remember is that with homeopathy, you should not take certain things like coffee etc.

Try consulting with cancer treatments centers of America who have always belived that integrative medicine is the best.