PDA

View Full Version : What do skin mets look like?

Soccermom
11-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Hi there friends,
about 1/2 thru Herceptin I developed these somewhat circular lesions on my hands. They are approx 1/4 of an inch ans some smaller ones. Could they be BC,mets? Missed appt w skin Doc so I will have to reschedule.
Thanks!

Marcia
Stage IIB,1 node+,ER/PR positive
A/C,Taxol dose dense
1 year of weekly Herceptin completed July 18th 2006

Soccermom
11-09-2006, 10:58 AM
anyone have lesions on hands?

Barbara2
11-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I can't be of great help, but I once asked my onc that question as I am always wondering and looking. He said it is usually a nodule of some kind; usually red, and will grow.A surgeon once told me that the nodule would be real hard, like cement.

Soccermom
11-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks Barbara2!

Sandy H
11-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Skin mets are near the mastectomy incision. They can appear in many forms. A rash (as in my case) pimples, blotches, nodules, rough like cement under the skin. They are itchy and burn. Now, one can have the itching and burning with no visual signs but it will be around the incision or coming out of the incision. Hope this helps. If you go to the IBC site there are pictures of skin mets. They are gross so be prepared. hugs, Sandy

Soccermom
11-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the information, Sandy!

Hugs,Marcia

Nedra
11-15-2006, 12:52 AM
I think "distant" metastases from breast cancer are rare. Usually if you have skin mets, it is in or around the original tumor site, or surgical site. Red splotchy areas could be a sign of a blood problem, or something other than cancer, so always best to have things checked.

Wishing you all the best

Kind regards
Nedra

Soccermom
11-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks Nedra! I am waiting to be called on my appt. my Onc scheduled one for me with Derm doc.

Warmly,Marcia