PDA

View Full Version : eye floaters?

Sherryg683
11-06-2006, 02:53 PM
I have recently noticed that I am having some eye floaters. I dont' know if they were there before but I guess I am more aware of things now. They are little grey colored dots that have thin strings attached to them. They follow my vision when I move my eyes. They are more noticable when I am looking at a bright surface or outside. I have read that these are common as we age and can be detached tissues under the eye and not dangerous. Of course I am thinking brain mets. I just had an MRI done about a month and a half ago..it was clean. Does anyone else have these and had them checked out..sherryg683

CLTann
11-06-2006, 04:55 PM
I had floaters long before BC. Nothing to worry about. Brain mets would be headache, memory loss, pain, etc. Floaters are nothing. Don't be too imaginative.

Ann

chrisy
11-06-2006, 06:19 PM
I have floaters, too. My eye doctor loves them and has given them names. I hate them but at least they have nothing to do with cancer!:)

RobinP
11-06-2006, 08:05 PM
My mom has these and it is very common with aging. Take care, I don't think it is mets at all.

hutchibk
11-06-2006, 09:22 PM
I have had floaters since I was a teenager... I seem to remember being told that they are little flecks of protein (or something like that) - They are always more pronounced when I am looking at a white or light/bright background, like a book page or white piece of paper. I don't have them all the time, but often over the last 30 years. I wouldn't worry about them.

Sherryg683
11-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks all, you have set my mind at ease. I'm just so paranoid with everything..sherryg683

sarah
11-07-2006, 09:55 AM
I've had flaters since I was in my twenties. I was told once that maybe I'd sneezed too hard!!! They are annoying.
sarah

rinaina
11-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I too have had floaters but they didn't hang around too long, maybe a few weeks or so. Normal with aging. Mine were before I had bc but if you are that concerned have it checked out.

Bev
11-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Have them too. Eye doc didn't seem too concerned. Mine are always there, for at least 8 years, patterns change. Only notice them when looking at a solid background color. BB