PDA

View Full Version : brain met update

Patty H
10-26-2006, 04:00 AM
I just had 4 hours to do some research before I seen the radiation Dr. So I spent it on this site. When I got there they handed me the written report that said I had to many mets to even count. So I caved in for the wbr. I really wanted to save it for father down the line. I had a brain MRI just 3 months ago and it was clean. I also had a 2.2cm. leision in the hip and it grew to take over the whole hip area 3 months ago. During this 3 month period, 2 of the months I was on abraxane and her. I think my cancer must have fed off the abraxane. So they are doing my hip too. I had the MRI on Tue. morning and saw the Dr. 4 hours later and they made the face mask and marked my hip and I had my first treatments the next day. Yesterday I also had a MRI of my spine since I am having some pain there. My radiation Dr. is contacting the oncoligst to see if I can get the tykerb after I finsh this. The oncoligist took blood work to see if I can take the xeloda since it put me in the hospital both times. I tried it. I usally hate steriods but with in one day they took away the headache and vomiting. Patty H

Shell
10-26-2006, 06:01 AM
Patty-

You are facing so much right now - I am so glad at least the vomiting and headaches are gone - it gives you a chance to focus on all of the care you seem to be getting. Keep up your strength and we're thinking of you.

Regards,
Shell

tricia keegan
10-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Patty

I'm really sorry you are facing all this but will be thinking of
you and wishing the very best outcome.
Hang in there,you're stonger than you think and will get
through this.
Tricia

Lolly
10-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Patty, I'm sending you hugs and prayers, and want to say thanks for taking time and energy to post an update. I was worried about how things were going. Take care and rest rest rest while you get through this.

<3 Lolly

Barbara H.
10-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Patty, I wish you the best of luck with your treatment. I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this.
Barbara H.

Sheila
10-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Patty

We are all with you in spirit and sending a big hug and many prayers that you will feel great soon...and this will be behind you.....please keep us posted....we are all thinking of you!

Sandy H
10-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Patty I am wishing you well and will pray you can have the Tykerb after WBR! Hang in there and thanks for keeping us updated. Sending you a big hug, Sandy

Yorkiegirl
10-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Patty prayers going out to you.

pattyz
10-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Patty,

Yes indeed, thank you for taking the energy and time to report what is happening, as we are all thinking of you - praying hard for good results and no complications.

Be gentle with yourself, rest as you need to...

I hope you will report to doc ANY symptom or side effect that you are troubled about or that causes you pain/discomfort. And then EXPECT the issue to be addressed promptly with solid help/relief.

That decadron truely does it's appointed job... yet comes with it's own set of other 'issues'. Hope you can reduce to zero pretty quickly, but so glad for you to have it working now.

with love,
pattyz xoxox

MJo
10-27-2006, 07:41 AM
You are in my thoughts. May your mets shrink down to nothing quickly. MJO

Susan2
10-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Wishing you all the bestSusan