PDA

View Full Version : Got my port out today

koolbreeze
10-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I went and had my port removed today. No big deal. It was not really any worse than a big dentist appointment. It did not hurt except for slight sting when lidocaine administered. Lots of pressure but no pain during the procedure. No anethesia or relaxation meds necessary. Went back to work and finished the day out. All is well and I am basically finished now except for check ups and Arimidex. Hooray!!!! Kool

Jackie
10-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!! I got my port out last month. It is quite liberating.

janet/FL
10-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I was given lots of meds when my port was removed. Even with the morphine and versed I was awake and remembered the surgery. I was also sick for over a week from the morphine. I felt the needle going in for lidocane? Sure wish they would have skipped the rest of the meds. If anyone has a choice--skip the hard stuff, it doesn't seem to be needed.
Janet

Maggie
10-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I got my port out too, on Tuesday and back at work on Wednesday! A big mouth woman at work told me how much her's had hurt, so I chickened out and was given light sedation. No problems at all!

Maggie

Bev
10-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Way Kool. Looking forward to the day. I imagine they will want to do light sedation, same as when they put in. They upped the dosage during surgery as I woke up and started talking. There is more than one way to say shut up. The lidocaine only option sounds interesting. Will they do this on port connected to jugular vein? They do C-sections while you are awake. A port doesn't seem to be much more painful. Congrats to all. BB

suzan w
10-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Good for you!!! You are FREE!!! Yippeeeeee

SusanV
10-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Awsome for you...I have a love/hate relationship with my port. Glad to have it right now, and can't wait for the day they take it back out.

Happy for you !

karenann
10-22-2006, 12:33 PM
I got my port out in September. It is a good feeling.

Congratulations.

Karen

koolbreeze
10-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the congrats. Yes it is very liberating to have it out. It feels good to have that part of my treatment over with. 1 1/2 years ago it seemed like that day would never come....but it did!!! Thanks for all your support. Kool

kay b
10-22-2006, 11:31 PM
I logged on today to talk to someone about arimidex. Right now I'm on tomoxifen & herceptin, but want to be on arimidex instead of tomoxifen. How long did you take arimidex before your tumors disappeared? Thanks

Kay B