PDA

View Full Version : Flu Shot?

Sherryg683
10-17-2006, 12:23 PM
My Oncologist gave me a flu shot on Friday. I have never had one before. It is tuesday and I feel like crap, this started on Sunday. Achy, feel like I've been hit by that bus that we all hear about. Is this common for the side effects to be lasting this long and to have started 2 days after the shot. Also for those of you who have had them and have had side effects, how long do they usually last. I've got big plans for the weekend and I sure hope this goes away soon..sherryg683

SusanV
10-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Sherry,

I had a flu shot last week too, but just ended up with a slightly sore arm at the injection site. I am hoping you feel better soon

Susan V

rinaina
10-17-2006, 04:53 PM
I get flu shots every year and it is not abnormal to get an achy feeling for a few days my doc says. I was actually a bit achy and so tired over this past weekend but I attributed it to my herceptin tx last thurs. Had the flu shot that day too.

michele u
10-17-2006, 07:32 PM
sherry,

the flu shot is not a live virus so you shouldn't get the flu from it, but it does sometimes have the achy symptoms after it. I'm surprised you've gotten yours already, we usually don't get ours til end of october early november

Sheila
10-18-2006, 04:45 AM
I got mine last week too, I always get one, my arm gets alittle itchy at the injection site, thats it. I do hear of people getting achey from it, but like Michelle said, it can not give you the flu as it is not a live virus.