PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

KymAustralia
10-16-2006, 06:10 AM
Hello to everyone,

Been ages since I was here please forgive me.... I am so glad to see Christine and Joe are still doing such an awesome job of keeping everyone in touch and informed.

For those of you whom I havent met yet I was dx'd in Dec '02 at the age of 44 and took part in the BCIRG trial for early breast cancer and was (fortunately) randomised into the AC>Taxotere> Herceptin arm.

I just had another 6 month check and am still showing no signs of a recurrance. I started a fitness campaign and low fat diet a year ago and am feeling better than I have ever felt I think and about 35 kg lighter to boot.

Getting Breast cancer was a wake up call to me I guess and made me want to make the most of whatever time I have ... be it 5 years or 50 years ........ I am living life to the fullest.

Its great to see a lot of familiar names like Lolly still here and posting !!

I was devestated to read of Lyn's passing....... she was an incredibly inspirational lady and if sheer willpower was enough to keep going I am sure she would have lived forever. My deepest sympathies go to all her friends and family.

Love and Light to all

Kym

AlaskaAngel
10-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi Kym, it is wonderful to hear from you and to know you are doing so well! I keep hoping that somehow there will be a way to arrange a chat at a good time for you and others there, and perhaps our friends across the pond...

AlaskaAngel

Joe
10-18-2006, 07:00 AM
kym,

Welcome back...glad to see that you are doing great.

Lyn's passing was a severe blow for our group. She was a fighter and inspired many.

Regards
Joe

deb-steph
10-18-2006, 08:59 AM
just started this forum in august, myself. i was 44 when diagnosed and am almost at my one year anniversary. i am on every three weeks to get a dose of herceptin and have been doing well. thank you for taking part in that study. i live in stephenville, texas so that is a long way from australia. keep us posted on things.

michele u
10-18-2006, 03:59 PM
nice hearing your story Kym. I'm 3 years out. glad to hear from someone 4 years out. What stage were you? I was stage 3

Lolly
10-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Kym, hello again! I'm so happy to hear you're doing well. Our Lyn is still missed, she was such a pistol. You are one of our pioneers, with the BCIRG trial, and it's great to have some of the newbies posting who've benefited from the knowledge gained.
Great to hear from you :)

<3 Lolly