PDA

View Full Version : Who here does an aspirin regimen...

RhondaH
10-03-2006, 08:54 AM
and at what dosage. In relation to the article Tom posted, I am seriously considering going an aspirin regimen, but the article says a higher dosage is most benificial which is a concern of mine...any input would be greatly appreciated. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Becky
10-03-2006, 11:41 AM
I take one full strength aspirin a day. A therapeutic dose is a baby aspirin which is 81mg but a full strength dose is 325mg.

I assume in their work, "high dose" is significant - more than one should take per day. I started aspirin therapy right when I found the lump (along with fish oil). The only days I didn't take aspirin was the day of Herceptin.

Kind regards

Becky

karenann
10-03-2006, 11:54 AM
I didn't read what Tom posted regarding asprin. What does the asprin therapy do?

Thanks,

Karen

Sheila
10-03-2006, 02:33 PM
They had an article on the news yesterday that aspirin may prevent cancer....although the dose needed to do this seemed to have a higher risk than benefit....they are not talking the usual 81 mg baby aspirin or even the 325 mg reg aspirin as recommended by the AHA...they are talking large daily doses. I quit taking aspirin altogether as they told me not to take it while on Xeloda due to bleeding problems that can occur. I wouldn't start a high dose regimen without talking to my onc.

MCS
10-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Aspirin is used by heart patients ( my hubby is one!) as regimen. It is a mild blood thinner.

I also heard about the article and was going to place myself on it. At 81mg per day, like hubby.

However, I would tell doc before doing anything like this, especially on any chemo.

However, be careful, because aspirin can cause acidity in your stomach and can hurt the lining. Don't want that.

XOXO

MCS ( maria)

Lolly
10-03-2006, 05:36 PM
I take the 81mg dose daily to help prevent clotting problems related to my port, and on Herceptin day I substitute a full strength (324mg) aspirin so my port will draw without problems; all on my oncs say so. I seem to have "thick" blood :)