Happy Birthday !!!!

Christine and Joe

Montana
10-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Best wishes Lolly!

StephN
10-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Have the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER.
I know your hubby and family will see that you do!

Let us know how you are these days. Maybe you haven't had recent scans and they are coming up. Like to see you get off the chemo!

P.S. I have a friend who is having good results against her stubborn lymph nodes with Avastin.

Becky
10-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Dear Lolly

I hope you had a terrific day. Happy Birthday.

Becky

IRENE FROM TAMPA
10-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I see that it is your birthday - isn't is wonderful to see our birthday's come Lolly?
I savor every one.

Hope everything going well for you.

Take care and have a glorious B day.

Liz J.
10-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Hi Lolly,

Happy Birthday to you. Hope you enjoy the day.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

RhondaH
10-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I sure hope you have a GREAT day. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

lexigirl
10-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Happy Birthday Lolly!! I wish you many more happy and healthy birthdays to come!

Hugs,
Lexi

Bev
10-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Happy Birthday. Always enjoy your posts. Many, many more. BB

chrisy
10-01-2006, 08:54 PM
hope it is (was) a great one! and many many more...
Chris

Lolly
10-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Ahhhh, thanks all :) I had a great birthday and it really topped it off to check in tonight and see that you all remembered me! Thanks a bunch :)

Steph, I'm halfway through radiation to the right axilla while remaining on Xeloda/Herceptin (think synergy!). Hopeful this will eradicate the tumor(s) in this area for good, but scans won't be done till I'm finished, and my onc will probably want me to stay on the Xeloda for a while longer just to be sure we've cleaned up any remaining circulating cells. Thanks for the report about your friend on Avastin, I've been keeping that on the back burner as another option if I need it.

<3 Lolly

tousled1
10-02-2006, 01:03 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lolly and may you have mamy more.

Sheila
10-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Lolly

You share a birthday with my Grandson!!!!! We celebrated his last night....hope it was happy and full of fun....it would be fitting as that describes you! Many many more to you...I am glad you are getting good response with the Xeloda/Herceptin Combo and radiation....tell your lymph nodes to call my lymph nodes and tell them to get with the program.....these things are like teenagers with a mind of their own!!!!
Love on your special day!

Cathya
10-02-2006, 05:21 AM
Lolly;

A very happy birthday to you!! I really didn't bother much with my birthday pre-cancer but now I love to celebrate them. Getting another year older means so much to me now....lol. I'm glad to hear things are going well on those nodes....I'll be watching for your posts and looking for you to be NED.

Cathy

madubois63
10-02-2006, 06:42 AM
@@@@@@@@
Happy
Birthday!
@@@@@@@@
Happy Birthday (http://www.yahoo.americangreetings.com/display.pd?bfrom=1&prodnum=3095606&path=41027)

karenann
10-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Happy birthday!

Hugs,
Karen

Vi Schorpp
10-02-2006, 08:23 AM
A very happy birthday to you Lolly!

Vanessa
10-02-2006, 11:23 AM
I hope you have an awesome birthday and many. many more to come. Best wishes!!

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-02-2006, 11:39 AM
First, how could I not add my HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO LOLLY! Yes, I welcome everyone, as friends bemoan getting older. I try explain how each is a blessing. I know you, my sisters, get that. In fact, I embrace every single day! Wishing Lolly and all of us many reasons to rejoice.

Cindee had emailed me with stage 3 and Her2+ w/her mastec/hysterec/chemo/rads and wondering if she could now do anything other than worry. With a 7 yr old shes especially anxious. I was thinking, every 3 mnth blood tests, full range w/tumor markers are being taken I assume. I watch every #, save my own copies, check the normal ranges and question everything. Who has more time to be concerned about me than me? Even the best of docs are simply overloaded. Annual mammog goes without saying, but someone mentioned they also get a sono every time and that in between they get a chest MRI, which is more accurate. I went to my breast surgeon every 6 mnths, cause no one examines breasts better, until he retired. Haven't found anyone to my liking. Do self exams of course the first of every month. If you read my previous posts re my '98 liver mets story it should be a wake up call for all to monitor your own condition, keep files. I have blood tests, ECHOs, GYN stuff, Mammog etc. stuff all separated in chronological order, for comparison purposes. It's all in a big file I once called my CANCER file, which gave me the chills. Who would ever imagine including oncs in our phone books? After a yr I changed my file's name to WELLNESS. Survival is a mind set. I subtitled my file CANCER STOPS HERE.

Question. My new doc suggested a brain MRI, w/all the hoopla over BC mets traveling there. I knew they'd reported this at the San Antonio BC convention last winter. My doc wrote a script for same with and without contrast. When "I" reminded the cancer center that I needed a precert # (I'm 62 now, still not on Medicare, w/health insurance) -- the insurance co would only ok the brain MRI without contrast. After 3 people, the cancer center was told that IF they see anything, then they'd ok the test with contrast! It took me mnths to gather the courage to act and make the appt, for starters. I was afraid of the tube. Got a script for Ativan (2) to take before, to relax me. Had the test, aggravated w/the audacity of the insurance co and waited for results. Nothing seen but the report (which I asked for a copy of) said at the bottom that it was difficult to determine metastatic disease (as a metastatic BC patient/survivor) without contrast. Now I'm going to call my onc and ask what he thinks. Any input from you guys who are among the best informed and most caring human beings on the planet?

Still facing my 6 mnth pelvic sono, a colonoscopy (it's been 5 yrs) and of course my every 3 wk Herceptin -- giving over a 1/2 hr infusion by the way -- to add to my lengthy (SORRY ABOUT THAT, but 11 yrs of survival is a whole involved tale) post of yesterday. Man, it ain't easy being tough, strong, brave and determined -- smiling all the while. We're all heroes you know! Amazing SOULS with the Spirits of Warriors!!

With love,
ANDI