PDA

View Full Version : Chat Sunday, September 24 - Anxiety Over Recurrence

Becky
09-23-2006, 07:00 AM
Dear Friends

Remember that there is a chat on Anxiety Over Recurrence at 9pm EDT.

The chat is on Sunday, September 24th. I will moderate with RhondaH to ensure it stays on topic for the first hour.

Have a great weekend.

Becky

alicecallahan
09-23-2006, 02:24 PM
As I am fairly new, can you tell me how you go about joining in a chat---is it like instant messaging????

Becky
09-23-2006, 05:22 PM
The chat is like instant messaging. You need to click above where it says chat. We will be in the first chat room as the second chat room had been set up if our children wanted to go in there and chat. Try it out beforehand. Usually your same password is used as the one you use to get onto the board but you may need to re-register for the chatroom

Have a nice weekend

Becky

StephN
09-24-2006, 12:36 PM
But I certainly know what the feeling of fear of recurrence is all about. And once we are stage IV it is even different. Hope lots of you will sign on and maybe the transcript can be made available later.

It is a difficult emotion to deal with and I am sure that all kinds of subconscious symptoms will come up that have NO other explanation. I am not a psychiatrist, but do have the experience of the feelings, the physical manifestations, etc.

Each of us needs to find a way to come to grips with this problem, and I know the chat will have some good ideas.

P.S. I will be atttending a benefit auction for restoration of a historical church.

AlaskaAngel
09-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi Steph,

You AND your perspective will be missed! Thanks for the reminder (so true) that there are different aspects to the topic of anxiety to consider.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with the Seattle conference,

A.A.