PDA

View Full Version : That's All Folks !!!!

Jean
09-11-2006, 06:35 PM
I am happy to say to all that last Thurs. I completed my 6th and final chemo treatment. I want to say a big Thank You for all that were a constant source
of support and comfort. You are all such a terrific group! During the hard weeks of chemo just getting on the board and reading your posts kept me going.
I now continue to go for herceptin for one year. Which now seems so easy.
Just have a question to put out there if anyone has taken this drug for numbness of the feet. My onc. gave me Gabapentin 100 mg. 3 x per day, he said it would take weeks for the drug to work - have been on it for 2 wks. so far still have numbness in my toes. I am also taking B6 and Folic acid - anyone know of anything else? Wishing everyone Blessings and once again Thank You!

Fondly,
Jean

janet11
09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Am doing a happy dance for you in celebration of your final cycle. Hooray!!!!!

Janet

lexigirl
09-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Yay Jean!! Herceptin should be easy compared to the chemo. I did try to take B-6 for the neuropathy, but I didn't take it regularly enough to know if it actually helped. I would say at about the 3rd mos out of chemo my numbness was gone. I really only had it in my toes on the right foot. It never got too bad.

Hugs,
Lexi

Yorkiegirl
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Jean great news on being finished with chemo. Yes Herceptin is easy to handle.

Jean
09-12-2006, 06:48 AM
Lexi,
Three months will be doable - I hope that I am like you and the neuropathy goes away. I was more or less concerned that it would never leave.
Thanks so again.....each day the sun shines brighter!

Hugs,
Jean

Shell
09-12-2006, 07:34 AM
jean-

congrats on completing chemo...that's great news...

shell

tousled1
09-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Jean,

The Gabapentin is generic for Neurontin. I was on Neurontin for an extended period of time before and after my back surgery. Oncologist wanted to put me on it for my neuropathy. I declined since I didn't like how it made me feel when I took it before. Maybe it'll work for you. I'm taking Lyrica for my neuropathy now and it seems to help with no side effects.

suzan w
09-12-2006, 10:56 AM
so happy to hear that you are through with chemo!!! YAY!!! The herceptin will be a piece of cake! I have 2 more treatments to go, one tomorrow and the last one on Oct. 4th. Now that I look back on it the past year has flown by! Day by day seems to drag on a bit however sometimes!!! Will look for your herceptin updates!!! xox Suzanps. I am filing my 4th appeal to my insurance company to pay for the Oncotype DX...grrrr

koolbreeze
09-13-2006, 04:42 AM
I finished my chemo in Dec and still have very slight neuropathy in my toes. It has gotten steadily better since I got off the chemo. Hope it clears up soon and congrats on the last chemo treatment. Kool