PDA

View Full Version : Scans came back clean!!

Sherryg683
08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Got my PET/CT scan results back today and they are clean again..whew! No mets anywhere, I am so relieved. I get scaned every 3 months to keep an eye on those lung mets that I had. My Oncologist did tell me that he may be switching me from Herceptin to Tykerb when it comes out. The Herceptin is keeping me with sinus headaches but it's working... I'm going to try to get on both for extra insurance. I sometimes feel like I am living 3 months by 3 months...he said if I wanted we could extend the scans to 4 months but I told him, I would probably freak out over something before then and want to be scanned anyway. So I'm good to go until December 1, which happens to be the day that I was diagnosed...my 1 year anniversary. I don't think I will do the scans on that day, it's not a lucky day for me...sherryg683

rinaina
08-31-2006, 04:27 PM
congrats on the clean scans. i think we all feel we are living day to day with this her2+ cancer, however, there are so many encouraging stories and so much encouraging promise for treatments. continued good scan results.

lexigirl
08-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Yay Sherri!! Such good news!! I think you have a trend going and I say keep it up!! What a relief for you!

Hugs,
Lexi

tousled1
08-31-2006, 05:17 PM
Sherri, So glad that your scan came back clean. It's always nice to hear good news. I know how you feel about getting the scans every 3 months - I do too.

Julie2
08-31-2006, 05:20 PM
congrats sherrie

Julie

CLTann
08-31-2006, 05:33 PM
Congrat on your clean scan.

By the way, I had my bone scan today. If they only ran through the scan once, does that indicate there is nothing that they should re-scan for certainty. Then the possible result will be negative met. Is that a reasonable interpretation? I am crossing my fingers hoping this is the case. Actual results wouldn't be known for four more days.

Ann

karenann
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Great news!!

Karen

chrisy
08-31-2006, 08:31 PM
Great news - especially with all the difficulty you have been having with the sinus headaches. I know what you mean about living in 3 month increments - mine are 4 and when I get clean scans I feel like I have gotten a license to breathe - literally! I hope you plan to celebrate!
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!

Carolyns
09-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Great news and the perfect posting to read before I shut down my computer for the long weekend. I hope that you have a great weekend and send you my best wishes and prayers.

Carolyn

Chelee
09-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi Sherryg, I just wanted to say, Big Congratulations on the CLEAN scans. YEAH. Sorry to hear about the herceptin headaches...I get those too.

Now that you got your good news...go out and have some FUN girl. http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

Chelee

StephN
09-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Super news!! Sherry -

I sure remember what it was to live from one scan period to the next when my liver mets finally got under control.

Now I am doing that again with my brain situation - only the time periods between the MRIs is shorter. But the feeling of relief is the same, when the rad onc says that there is no new activity, stable, no treatment needed, etc.

Sorry the Herceptin is causing the sinus upset, as the drug seems to be doing a good job against your disease.