PDA

View Full Version : Tykerb is in my hands!!!

Sandy H
08-29-2006, 09:11 AM
I am happy to let you all know I finally, have tykerb in my hands and should start it tomorrow. They were suppose to call in the Xeloda but no one did it so did it last night and hopefully, will be here today. Now, who is next??? We need to do lots of praying it will work!! hugs, Sandy

RhondaH
08-29-2006, 09:14 AM
I am SOOO happy for you AND the others that have gotten the Tykerb. My prayers are ALWAYS there. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Susan2
08-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Great news! Here's to an excellent result!

Esther
08-29-2006, 09:25 AM
wow Sandy! Thanks for being a pioneer in this. Will you be able to continue taking the Herceptin as well?

Becky
08-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Woo hoo for you. Your persistance paid off royally.

Big hugs to you

Becky

al from Canada
08-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Sandy, congrats..........persistance wins again. Good luck on your treatment.

Al

lexigirl
08-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Sandy,

I am hoping this will be the magic bullet to get rid of those skin mets for good!! Really excited for you.

Hugs,
Lexi

Joe
08-29-2006, 11:18 AM
A job well done!! I discussed your and everybody elses problems with GSK and they promised to make access a lot easier.

FYI They told me that they plan to open 300 trial sites for the EAP program.

Regards
Joe

tousled1
08-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Sandy,

Congratulations! Hopefully this will take care of your skin mets. My thoughts & prayers are with you.

madubois63
08-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Sandy - I am praying this is the thing for you!!! I am so happy you got it!!!
Maryann

VaMoonRise
08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Sandy,

I am so happy for you Honey. I hope that this along with all of our prayers will be the answer to resolving your skin mets. I am praying diligently and sending good thoughts your way.

Love & Hugs,
Nicola

Joy
08-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Woo-hoo, Sandy! your tenacity and smarts are inspirational. we trust you'll keep us posted. All my happy thoughts your way!

love,
joy

kareneg
08-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Sandy,
You have my prayer's! I am so happy for you!

Yorkiegirl
08-29-2006, 06:13 PM
YEAH, WONDERFUL news Sandy. I sure hope this is the one for you. Prayers for you.

Bev
08-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Way to go Sandy. I can't wait to hear how great it works for you. Thoughts and prayers. Bev

Sandy H
08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Esther, I have to take it with Xeloda for now. Hopefully, if it gets released later we can change over and use it with Herceptin. That is the only way Tykerb is available in Maine is with Xeloda. I am happy to be able to use it this way even though my oncologist and I don't like Xeloda. I hope I can tolerate it for a few months. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for all your lovely posts. A big thanks to Joe for his help. Now, the ground work is done here and so the next ones to get it should be a breeze. I am glad by my going first and being able to wait that long for all the paper work to be done will perhaps save some ones life that could not wait 10 weeks. My oncologist told me this was the hardest one he has ever done!!! hugs, Sandy

chrisy
08-29-2006, 08:12 PM
YAY! I knew they wouldn't DARE put you off any longer! I hope this does the trick for you. Thanks for sharing your journey on this - it made me ask my oncologist if he had Tykerb yet, and told him it was taking a really long time for folks. Maybe your experience will help smooth the way for others.

Prayers for a quick and durable response.

Love
Chris

Lolly
08-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Sandy, wonderful news!!! What's your dose of Xeloda? As you may know, I'm on a low, low dose (500 mg 2x's daily) which has caused NO side effects for me and has kept me stable. Perhaps if your dose is high, your onc might consider lowering it initially to see how tolerable it is with the Tykerb, or are you having to follow a protocol to be eligible for the EAP program?

<3 Lolly

Steph
08-30-2006, 06:04 AM
Sandy,

Congratulations!
I too am on tykerb...I pray for all of us that it is the magic bullet!:)

Steph

Sandy H
08-30-2006, 06:45 AM
Lolly, I am on 3000 mgs a day. He did have to apply to get it lowered as it called for 3300 mgs. They only come in 500's so it would mean breaking one in half and he said, "no way". He will watch me closely and when I start to have problems he will decrease it and he says he can do that once I have been on it for a while. I used this amount back in 2003 and I did well for 3 months, except it did not work for me, and then when I stopped it my hands and feet peeled and I could not wear shoes-fun in November with snow on the ground!!! People thought I had lost it when they saw me walking with slippers that had thick bottoms. I will keep you all posted. That is great it has kept you stable Lolly, I hope, I can say the same! hugs, Sandy

Soccermom2006
08-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Dear Sandy,
Just wanted to add to the chorus of well-wishers! I hope that your results with Tykerb are phenomenal!

Marcia