PDA

View Full Version : Sherry in WV

cosmicdust
08-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know how 'Sherry in WV' is doing? Her last post was 8/13 and not looking good...

Cathya
08-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Sadly......no

Cathy

RhondaH
08-23-2006, 06:58 PM
is her email posted? If so, I may email her.

Rhonda

Tom
08-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Guys,

I too am concerned about Sherry in WV. She sent me a private message on 8/13 and I responded the same day, but have not heard from her since. At the time she said she was having a hard time concentrating. I pray that all is well with her. Does anyone have any personal contact information?

Tom

karenann
08-23-2006, 07:48 PM
She is in my prayers.

Karen

Sandy H
08-23-2006, 07:55 PM
She e-mailed me recently regarding my thought on her trying Tykerb. I told her if she wanted to try it go for it and fight with all her might to get it. Anything, is worth a try. I hope she is o.k. I was thinking about her today and praying we hear from her soon. hugs, Sandy

3sweeties
08-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Up to see if anyone has heard from her.

3sweeties

Tom
08-26-2006, 07:58 PM
I never received an answer from my last two messages to her. One was a HERsupport e-mail and the other was to her private e-mail address. I am really worried. I started doing a search for hospitals in Wellsburg, West Virginia, thinking I might give some of them a call to see if they had treated her. I don't suppose they would have told me anyway. I don't really know what else to do.

cosmicdust
08-27-2006, 05:40 AM
Thanks to the internet white pages I have located her address. She has used the city and state she lives in as part of her profile. I could post her full address here, but that might be considered an infringement on her privacy. (you can do the search) I intend to send a card and note to the 'family' - and indicate how I know Sherry via the online HER2 support group.

tousled1
08-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Sheryl,

If you do hear anything from or about Sherry will you please let us all know. Thanks.

cosmicdust
08-30-2006, 04:38 PM
No word as yet but will post when/if I do hear...meantime a few extra prayers for Sherry and her family.

tousled1
08-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Please let us know if you hear anything. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

cosmicdust
09-03-2006, 02:16 PM
I have sent a card to the family inquiring on Sherry. I asked that someone from the fmily come to this site and post a note as we are all concerned...

StephN
09-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Thank you Sheryl.

I know Sherry is on our minds and in our prayers. It is tough to know what one would do in the same situation. Keep trying to fight as she expressed she wanted to do, or let the disease have its way and try to make the best of what time you have.
She has many prayers for a miracle, if that is what it takes to keep her with her family.

tousled1
09-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Sheryl,

Thanks for sending a note to the family. I'm praying that everything is ok with her.

juanita
09-09-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm reading from old to new and wondered if anyone had any news.

cosmicdust
09-09-2006, 04:35 PM
No news as of today...

tousled1
09-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Sheryl, I am very concerned that you have not heard anything from Sherri. It is almost a month now since her last post and she was not doing well at all then. I pray that we will hear from her soon.

sherri
09-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Any news about Sherry? It has been a month. She is in my thoughts and I wish her peace.

3sweeties
09-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Since she has not posted in a long time.

AlaskaAngel
09-18-2006, 12:16 PM
We all have to find ways to deal with the possibility of death in our own way, and keeping this thread current is one way. I too wish deeply that Sherry will respond.

I recognize that the moderators of this board do want to maintain a positive focus and feel there is a lot of truth in that effort. Yet I also know that some will not survive, and in my opinion they need our help as they progress and face all of the unknowns in dealing with their situation.

It is obvious that Sherry spoke to us about wanting to survive, and there were many suggestions made to help her try to find a way to do that. Given the time lapse without further response from Sherry, I want to offer those who may find themselves in her situation the respectful alternative and acceptance by peers for dealing with preparing for death as well. Therefore I recommend that anyone take a look at the website bcmets.org as a place where such issues are openly dealt with and there is no focus of pretense or denial.

Respectfully,

AlaskaAngel

CPA
09-27-2006, 08:04 AM
All,

I had followed some of Sherry's last posts and had been keeping an eye out for this thread. This a.m. I searched for any info. I regret to inform the group that Sherry passed away last week. Her obituary is below:

POARCH, Sherry Lynn Stevenson, 53, of Genteel Ridge, Wellsburg, W.Va., died September 20, 2006 at home, after a battle with breast cancer.

She was born November 21, 1952 in Steubenville, Ohio, the daughter of the late Alexander Stevenson, who passed away in 2003 and the late Margaret Dawson Stevenson, who passed away in 1980.

She was a member of First Presbyterian Church, Wellsburg. She was a Registered Nurse and worked many specialty Units including the ER, recovery, ICU, CCU, Trauma ICU and Liver Transplant ICU. She was on medical leave from Intracorp, where she was a transplant Case Manager for Cigna. She was also a member of Wellsburg Women of Moose; and Wellsburg Eastern Star No. 23.

She is survived by her husband and best friend, Alfred “Don” Poarch; one son, Alexander D. Poarch and his wife, Lori, of Brentwood, Pa.; one daughter, Misty D. Naples and her husband, Robert, of Normal, Ill.; one sweet and wonderful granddaughter, Ashley Lynn Poarch, who resides in Wellsburg; one grandson, Alexander Stevenson Poarch; three brothers, William “Sonny” Dawson of Follansbee, W.Va., Thomas A Gaudio of Wellsburg and Charles “Chuck” Dawson of Wellsburg; three sisters, Margie Polling Emmanuel of Ft Wayne, Ind., Alice Dawson of Follansbee and Alexis Jabloncki of Wellsburg. She also leaves behind a very special friend, Alan Klein and his wife, Beth, of McAdoo Ridge; and her two best friends her Yorkies, Chewi and Pipen.

Visitation Friday, September 22, 2006 from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. at Reasner Funeral Home, 1515 Charles Street, Wellsburg, where Eastern Star service will be held on Friday 7 p.m. and funeral service will be held on Saturday, September 23, 2006 at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Steve Seng, First Presbyterian Church, Wellsburg, officiating.

Sherry will he cremated and her ashes will be sent to Georgia to be mixed to form a geometric dome that will be placed in the ocean to help form an artificial reef.

Sherry and her family requested that in lieu of flowers, that Donations be made to the Brooke County Animal Welfare League, P.O. Box 537, Wellsburg, WV 26070 or the Brooke County Library, 945 Main Street, Wellsburg, WV 26070.

pattyz
09-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Thank you for this.

pattyz

StephN
09-27-2006, 11:19 AM
So many of us have been looking for a post from Sherry or her family. CPA - You went a bit further.
We know she was not wanting to give up, but it seems she had no choice. Being a nurse (and in a transplant unit!), she knew well what she needed to do and how to do it.
With so many family members near by, I feel she had a good last few weeks.
Shall miss you angel.

3sweeties
09-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Thank you for the updated information. May God lift her soul up in his arms. My prayers are with her family.

A.

cosmicdust
09-27-2006, 01:39 PM
CPA thank you for the posting about Sherry...

Joy
09-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Now we know and now we can grieve. And may we be even more motivated to treat this disease in better and faster ways.

tousled1
09-27-2006, 04:14 PM
CPA,

Thank you so much for going the extra yard. I've been worried about Sherri since her last post. I'm so sorry to hear that she died but hopefully she's in a better place now.

Sherryg683
09-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Crap, sorry that's about all I can say..I hate this disease..sherryg683

Sheila
09-27-2006, 05:25 PM
My sympathy to Sherry's family.she will be missed by all....we can find comfort that she is in a better place and at peace with no more suffering.

karenann
09-27-2006, 07:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Sherry's family.

Karen

Tom
09-27-2006, 08:06 PM
I am in a somewhat different position than most of you, but I will throw out this idea just the same. Perhaps we should all see to it that family members or friends have instructions in place to contact this site in the event the member is hospitalized or otherwise unable to post and let us all know what's going on. I know that I was personally affected by the lack of contact with Sherry after she e-mailed me privately some time ago. It was very painful wondering what was going on with her, and not being able to offer any support in what I feared were her most desperate days.

This is just a thought, and I don't want anyone to feel pressured to do so on my account. I simply feel that we might better be able to offer comfort to the member or her family if we have some way of getting in touch.

Tom

Bev
09-27-2006, 08:50 PM
In the same vein, can we do a group condolence? I'm sorry that things did not work out for Sherry. I guess we don't even know what they treated her with. Angry and sad, but not surprised as we haven't heard from her. Thanks CPA for your time. BB

AlaskaAngel
09-27-2006, 08:59 PM
On other websites suggestions similar to Tom's have been made, and do help to provide a continuing link with anyone who becomes unable to come to the website on their own.

A really important aspect about his suggestion is that it carefully and thoughtfully allows each of us to be the one to make the choice about whether or not further contact is clearly wanted and invited. If no arrangements for contact are provided in advance, I think we should honor that choice as well.

Respectfully,

AlaskaAngel

IRENE FROM TAMPA
09-28-2006, 04:37 AM
Tom I agree with you about notifying the board in the event something happens.
I have already given those instructions to my family since the board has been my "second family" for so long. We all worry about each other and it is comforting to know we all have so many friendships all over the world because of this board. Thank you Joe and Christine.

I am so sorry to hear about Sherry. My prayers to her family.

Lolly
09-28-2006, 08:10 AM
My husband has agreed to keep the group posted if I'm ever unable to do so myself; he knows how important the group has been to my survival.

I send prayers to Sherry's family and friends during this difficult time.

Vanessa
09-28-2006, 08:50 AM
I did not join the board until Sept., so I did not know Sherry, but I am still sad about her untimely death and my condolences and prayers go out to her family.

Sandy H
09-28-2006, 11:11 AM
I am saddened to hear of her death. We e-mailed each other off the board. She e-mailed me in June regarding the Tykerb and whether she should fight for it. I told her it was her choice but if she felt she should then go for it. She had mentioned it to her doctor but said, he had told her she only had 3 months left, and she felt he didn't think she would live long enough to get it!! I think she wanted to try it but didn't have the energy to wait for the paperwork to be done. So sad it caused me some anger while I was waiting the 10 weeks to get it thinking that could have been me! I even told the nurse how I felt about this waiting and people are dying because they don't have time to get this drug. She said, "well, maybe that is true" I told her I knew it was and mentioned Sherry. God rest her soul. hugs Sandy

anne
09-28-2006, 05:12 PM
She was all on our minds. I too am sad to see that she couldn't continue fighting as she expressed the will to do so. Thoughts and prayers to her loved ones.

Anne

Rendi69CA
10-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Thank you, CPA. My heart goes out to her family.