PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Bloodwork Update

Tom
08-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Well friends, it appears that our Creator has heard all of your prayers and seen fit to keep His loving hand on Mom's shoulder a little longer. Mom's tumor markers are back and are as follows:

ACTUAL NORMAL RANGE
CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen)---> 2.3 ng/mL 0.0-3.4

CA-27.29 (cancer antigen)-- -------> 8 U/mL 0-40

HER2 SERUM ASSAY----------------> 2.9 ng/mL 5.1-13.5

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your prayers. Clearly He is listening and has taken some of the huge weight off my shoulders and onto His. I was horrified when Mom was forced to stop her Herceptin because of low MUGA scores, and could not sleep wondering what was "stewing in the devil's pot" of cells. Considering the fact that Mom has had two surgeries, two rounds of XRT, 12/20 positive axillary nodes, and NO conventional chemotherapy, it is miraculous that she has not presented with distant metastases. I have Herceptin and the will of God Almighty to thank for it. God Bless you all, and praise be to the Lord for His endless mercy and love.
Sincerely,
Tom

lexigirl
08-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Tom,

Such wonderful news!! Your faith is awesome!! I pray for continued good health for all of us.

Love and Prayers,
Lexi

Montana
08-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Good news, Tom !!!

sherri
08-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Great news Tom. I hope for good news for all of us!

RhondaH
08-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Now, please do something for YOURSELF...you need the rest to keep taking care of your mother. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Bev
08-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Amen! I think you should celebrate. Bev

Sheila
08-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Tom
I am so happy for your Mom.....what great news....you are such a wonderful son to do all you do....my prayers will continue for you both....she is a very blessed Mother to have a son like you!

chrisy
08-23-2006, 07:39 PM
AMEN.

message would not post because too short. So

AMEN again! Thanks for sharing this wonderful news.

Sandy H
08-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Wonderful news, oh don't we enjoy hearing good news. Time to sit back and enjoy. Thanks for the update. hugs, Sandy

lu ann
08-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Dear Tom and Mom,

Don't we have an Awesome God? It is so great when a plan comes together and you can Thank God for it?

Love and Blessings
Lu Ann

tousled1
08-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Tom,

That's wonderful news. Your mother is fortunate to have such a caring and loving son. My thoughts and prayers are with you

Liz J.
08-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Dear Tom,

Thank God for the good news. You will be Blessed for all you have done for your Mom.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Chelee
08-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Tom, I am just thrilled for you and your Mom. This is AWESOME news. I remember when they took the herceptin away...that had to of been darn right scary. But God is watching over your both. I am just so happy for you. I just LOVE to hear GOOD news. Makes my day! Now lets not forget to give YOU lots of the credit for all the GOOD care you have taking of your Mom. You stay on top of every thing and don't let anything get by you. Your Mom is SO BLESSED to have a son like you. There are many sons/daughters that could, should...but don't. You have always been there for her. That plays a BIG part in why she is still here too. (Between God & you...thats a great team.)

I will continue to keep your both in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

Becky
08-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Good show Tom. Also remember, you are supplementing your mother right and feeding her all the right things - tea, veggies, fish etc - all the right things. And all the research you've done on in this regard has paid off not only for you and your mom, but for us too (with all you've shared).

Thank God Tom that all is working out so nicely and you can prove a point that God gave you a brain to find out what to do, do it and continue to educate your mom's doctor and us - and you are rewarded. I am truly happy for you and this outcome.

Thinking of you in kindest regards

Becky

RobinP
08-25-2006, 08:55 PM
PTL!Fantastic news Tom, you are so inspiring to these boards and to your mom too.

DonnaNY
08-25-2006, 10:35 PM
:) I am so happy to hear your good news! God Bless you and your mom.

With Love, Donna